× Feel free to use this section to discuss your favorite (or least liked) characters. Let's keep it to one thread per character though, if possible.

Rescuing Sara Waite

• JulesMorrison
  • Away
More
1 week 6 days ago #66892 by JulesMorrison
JulesMorrison replied the topic: Rescuing Sara Waite
My feeling is that that is less of a problem than you'd think. Sara is a baby GOO. She can swing a big stick but she's awkward with it, might not have the knack or know she can do the thing, is liable to be inhibited by stepping too far outside the human, has not had millennia to plot or run tactical analyses, isn't used to very large scale multitasking when she isn't doing it on instinct, has a tendency to act and think like an enhanced human when she definitely isn't one, and really doesn't enjoy topping off her energy.

I feel that a story with Sara in it could afford to be big bads, but it could also focus on her growth into her nature, and show how that is driving a gradual wedge between her and the people who can't think in fifteen dimensions. Or bending them into pretzels as they try to keep up, hello Petra and Jet.

I haven't read all the stories yet so maybe this has already been used... but I feel there is a lot of room. It might just require veering away from the "beat up baddies" formula.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• null0trooper
  • Away
  • Old One
  • Old One
More
1 week 6 days ago #66893 by null0trooper
null0trooper replied the topic: Rescuing Sara Waite

JulesMorrison wrote: I haven't read all the stories yet so maybe this has already been used... but I feel there is a lot of room. It might just require veering away from the "beat up baddies" formula.

But we like Sara banging the baddies!

Forum-posted ideas are freely adoptable.

WhatIF Stories: Fall Rush

Discussion Thread

• JulesMorrison
  • Away
More
1 week 6 days ago #66894 by JulesMorrison
Like she did with Jobe? *Evil snicker*

More
1 week 4 days ago #66907 by ShadowedSin
ShadowedSin replied the topic: Rescuing Sara Waite
Sara is my heart. She does need saving. Depowering her wouldn't be super difficult, there's tons of mythos to consider such as elder signs. The application perhaps of her form being locked because of the summoning etc.

Scald-Crow - My Whateley Fiction

• JulesMorrison
  • Away
More
1 week 4 days ago #66908 by JulesMorrison
Nooo, no depowering the Sara, I like her powerful!

Ahem, blush:blush:

More
1 week 4 days ago #66909 by Sir Lee
Sir Lee replied the topic: Rescuing Sara Waite
Actually, I wouldn't depower Sara directly. What I would do is to make it much harder or impossible for her to go to Daddy Gothmog for help or training. He is the one who's really overpowered and can do world-breaking stuff. Sara might reach that level... in a few millenia.

Don't call me "Shirley." You will surely make me surly.

More
1 week 4 days ago #66913 by Mister D
Mister D replied the topic: Rescuing Sara Waite
From a narrative PoV, this wouldn't be difficult.

"This is a learning experience that you have to handle by yourself. All baby GOO's have to go through this."

This removes Gothmog from directly intervening in the situation.

Help/advice can be given. "Yes, there IS a solution. You just have to find it."

Also this gives the author the space for Rabbit-Hat-Pulls. :D

Yes, i'm looking forward to the next instalment, but i'm also willing to wait for the idea's/stories to be fully matured.

They'll be all the sweeter for the wait. :D

Measure Twice

Moderators: WhateleyAdminKristin DarkenE. E. NalleyelrodwNagrijMageOhkiAstrodragonNeoMagusWarrenMorpheusWasamonsleethrOtherEricBek D CorbinMaLAguASouffle GirlPhoenix SpiritusStarwolfDanZillaKatie_LynMaggie FinsonDrBenderJGBladedancerRenae_Whateley
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds