× Feel free to use this section to discuss your favorite (or least liked) characters. Let's keep it to one thread per character though, if possible.

Sara's baby

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #67007 by Erianaiel
Erianaiel replied the topic: Sara's baby

Sir Lee wrote: Since Donna became pregnant sometime around 3/4 of 2006, the baby should have been born... sometime around the end of the 2006-2007 school year? That would make it about 9 at the beginning of Gen2.

Of course, that assumes (a) pregnancy duration for GOO-spawn are roughly similar to human pregnancies, and (b) GOO-spawn grow at the same rate as regular humans. Two assumptions that are at best unproven.

Also assuming that in the absence of Sarah the baby is not 'born' demonic / alien style.

There are some mentions in the more horror oriented contributions to the WUnivers that such extraplanar offspring emerging by clawing their way out of the mother. Granted some of those mentions come from Ayla's nightmares so we have to take those with a salt mine worth of salt. But it is fitting with the general mythos...

Then again, Donna works at ARC so she might have gotten an emergency c-section when she went into what passes for labour.
Yes. I think I like that possibility most.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• JulesMorrison
  • JulesMorrison's Avatar Topic Author
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
More
7 months 3 weeks ago #67020 by JulesMorrison
JulesMorrison replied the topic: Sara's baby
I could easily see ARC doing a C-section just to be sure. But I feel a baby of Sara's would have preserving the mother's life as a value. Sara isn't running around making people pregnant that she dislikes. (Although I think she is sometimes sooo tempted, see "The Op".)

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #67051 by Branwen
Branwen replied the topic: Sara's baby
All is planned to be revealed in Dissonance. Donna and Sara's baby is still around, but quite hidden.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreamer, Mister D, Malady, Darkmuse, JulesMorrison

• ShadowedSin
  • Author
  • Author
  • A Fae Storyteller
More
7 months 2 weeks ago #67052 by ShadowedSin
ShadowedSin replied the topic: Sara's baby
I can't wait! I need more Sara Waite in my life! Then Envy >.>

"I can only conclude that I'm paying off karma at a vastly accelerated rate."
-Commander Susan Ivanova, Earth Force, Babylon 5

More
5 months 1 week ago #68010 by jmhyp
jmhyp replied the topic: Sara's baby

JulesMorrison wrote: I could easily see ARC doing a C-section just to be sure. But I feel a baby of Sara's would have preserving the mother's life as a value. Sara isn't running around making people pregnant that she dislikes. (Although I think she is sometimes sooo tempted, see "The Op".)

I doubt a baby has any life preserving values. More likely, Sara just assumed she would be around to help with the "birth".

• ShadowedSin
  • Author
  • Author
  • A Fae Storyteller
More
5 months 6 days ago #68017 by ShadowedSin
ShadowedSin replied the topic: Sara's baby

jmhyp wrote:

JulesMorrison wrote: I could easily see ARC doing a C-section just to be sure. But I feel a baby of Sara's would have preserving the mother's life as a value. Sara isn't running around making people pregnant that she dislikes. (Although I think she is sometimes sooo tempted, see "The Op".)

I doubt a baby has any life preserving values. More likely, Sara just assumed she would be around to help with the "birth".

Sara's entire line is aligned with Shrub Niggurath (goddess I hate that name) who is in the WAU aligned with fertility and creation. The baby might be boosting Donna's immune system etc to supernatural levels much like how regenerator blood is highly infective and considered a medical hazard.

"I can only conclude that I'm paying off karma at a vastly accelerated rate."
-Commander Susan Ivanova, Earth Force, Babylon 5

Moderators: WhateleyAdminKristin DarkenE. E. NalleyelrodwNagrijMageOhkiAstrodragonNeoMagusWarrenMorpheusWasamonsleethrOtherEricBek D CorbinMaLAguASouffle GirlPhoenix SpiritusStarwolfDanZillaKatie_LynMaggie FinsonDrBenderJGBladedancerRenae_Whateley
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds