× NOTE: You still must be a registered user to post here (this is necessary to prevent spammers from using this as an access point to the site). Any problem that prevents you from registering or logging in, please contact Kristin via email or using the front page news commenting system. Ideally by email.

KristinDarken ... no space at (@) this site's domain (whateleyacademy.net).

Can't access server from Fandom (the Wiki)

More
2 months 3 weeks ago - 2 months 3 weeks ago #65417 by Malady
Malady replied the topic: Can't access server from Fandom (the Wiki)
I wonder if this could be fixed with a text replacer that mods the Wiki's "external link" class, since, at a glance, that seems to be the problem.

Firefox has FoxReplace that can do site specific text modding, but never used it much...

Firefox can also do personal css, I think?
Last Edit: 2 months 3 weeks ago by Malady.
The following user(s) said Thank You: XaltatunOfAcheron

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• XaltatunOfAcheron
  • XaltatunOfAcheron's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert
  • Expert
More
2 months 3 weeks ago #65454 by XaltatunOfAcheron
XaltatunOfAcheron replied the topic: Can't access server from Fandom (the Wiki)

Malady wrote: I wonder if this could be fixed with a text replacer that mods the Wiki's "external link" class, since, at a glance, that seems to be the problem.

Firefox has FoxReplace that can do site specific text modding, but never used it much...

This is intriguing. I didn't know that it had an "external link" class that could be changed on a per-wiki basis. Tell me more.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago - 2 months 3 weeks ago #65455 by Malady
Malady replied the topic: Can't access server from Fandom (the Wiki)

XaltatunOfAcheron wrote:

Malady wrote: I wonder if this could be fixed with a text replacer that mods the Wiki's "external link" class, since, at a glance, that seems to be the problem.

This is intriguing. I didn't know that it had an "external link" class that could be changed on a per-wiki basis. Tell me more.

And, as seen when you view-source a valid page, it's actually "external text"... Whoops.

FoxReplace ( Code: Github ) gets me most of the way there, I just need to make it replace my actual HTML tags, instead of just bare text...

Adding "crystalhall.wikia.com" makes it work on all of the Wiki, I just can't get it to change the tags, specifically... I could fork it and tweak, but have no add-on coding experience.
Last Edit: 2 months 3 weeks ago by Malady.
The following user(s) said Thank You: XaltatunOfAcheron

• XaltatunOfAcheron
  • Expert
  • Expert
More
2 months 3 weeks ago #65459 by XaltatunOfAcheron

Malady wrote:

XaltatunOfAcheron wrote:

And, as seen when you view-source a valid page, it's actually "external text"... Whoops.

FoxReplace ( Code: Github ) gets me most of the way there, I just need to make it replace my actual HTML tags, instead of just bare text...

Adding "crystalhall.wikia.com" makes it work on all of the Wiki, I just can't get it to change the tags, specifically... I could fork it and tweak, but have no add-on coding experience.

I don't know why you need to change the tags. The href= contains the URL. It appears that Fandom is simply deleting the "http:" part and leaving "//whateleyacademy.net/...." Then the browser takes its default when it doesn't see a scheme (which appears to be "https:") and away we go to "server not found".

So replacing "//whateleyacademy.net" with " whateleyacademy.net " ought to work.

Since I'm on Safari, I have to find a plugin that will do it for me; firefox plugins probably won't work well. Sigh.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Malady

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #65473 by null0trooper
null0trooper replied the topic: Can't access server from Fandom (the Wiki)
For anyone using the Request Control add-on (FF), this will rewrite Crystal Hall URLs to use http:
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Forum-posted ideas are freely adoptable.

WhatIF Stories: Metro 2.4: Running With A Devil / Discussion Thread
Meetings By Pale Moonlight
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kristin Darken, Malady, XaltatunOfAcheron

• XaltatunOfAcheron
  • Expert
  • Expert
More
2 months 1 week ago - 2 months 1 week ago #65683 by XaltatunOfAcheron
It looks like Fandom backed the change out. I'm able to get to whateleyacademy.net from Fandom, and the page source looks like it's got the usual http:// prefix.

OOPS - I may have been hasty. I can't get to Muse-Of-Krews, and the page source looks like the same. What might have happened is that I've been going over the same 15 pages, so the browser might have gotten them from the cache.

I had some hopes....
Last Edit: 2 months 1 week ago by XaltatunOfAcheron. Reason: Oops
The following user(s) said Thank You: Malady

• XaltatunOfAcheron
  • Expert
  • Expert
More
1 month 3 weeks ago #65897 by XaltatunOfAcheron

XaltatunOfAcheron wrote: It looks like Fandom backed the change out. I'm able to get to whateleyacademy.net from Fandom, and the page source looks like it's got the usual http:// prefix.

OOPS - I may have been hasty. I can't get to Muse-Of-Krews, and the page source looks like the same. What might have happened is that I've been going over the same 15 pages, so the browser might have gotten them from the cache.

I had some hopes....

Well, it's been working perfectly for the last couple of weeks, so I guess they did back the change out. This ticket can be closed.

Time to create page: 0.082 seconds