× Keep in mind that suggestions must be within the realm of possibility to be taken seriously.

Posting rules: All registered members can create threads and post to existing ones.

I hate being frustrated

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #44786 by Kristin Darken
Kristin Darken replied the topic: I hate being frustrated
Yes, and every time you put a hole in the wall it lets the muses get out. I mean, its ok... our muses DO come back, so its not like we worry about them leaving for a bit. But they come back with more alcohol and after having gone on fast food binges and watching the stupidist movies they can find. So getting them back on track on things we actually want to work on? It's insanity...

Fate guard you and grant you a Light to brighten your Way.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreamer

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #44799 by DanZilla
DanZilla replied the topic: I hate being frustrated
my secret... I use the wiki to find stories and jump to them on this site. Not always... but it's worked better for me than any other method of searching.

Now, having said that. If I'm looking through several stories by the same author I'll just go to stories and have it list all of theirs that way.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #44803 by Arcanist Lupus
Arcanist Lupus replied the topic: I hate being frustrated

DanZilla wrote: Now, having said that. If I'm looking through several stories by the same author I'll just go to stories and have it list all of theirs that way.

Which mostly works, but there are a couple of authors who have used multiple different names. Elrod has one story under "ElrodW" (which doesn't actually matter, because 'Elrod' will return both), and JG has stories under both 'JG' and 'Joe Gunnarson'

"Shared pain is lessened; shared joy, increased — thus do we refute entropy." - Spider Robinson

More
1 month 3 weeks ago - 1 month 3 weeks ago #44804 by Phoenix Spiritus
Phoenix Spiritus replied the topic: I hate being frustrated

Arcanist Lupus wrote:

DanZilla wrote: Now, having said that. If I'm looking through several stories by the same author I'll just go to stories and have it list all of theirs that way.

Which mostly works, but there are a couple of authors who have used multiple different names. Elrod has one story under "ElrodW" (which doesn't actually matter, because 'Elrod' will return both), and JG has stories under both 'JG' and 'Joe Gunnarson'

Tell us the stories with the issues and we'll fix them.

Usually things like this are us fixing other things that then breaks something else we didn't expect.
Last Edit: 1 month 3 weeks ago by Phoenix Spiritus.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago - 1 month 3 weeks ago #44811 by Malady
Malady replied the topic: I hate being frustrated
^ Well, the Original Timeline Search has the Search by Author box, so you can find the "JG"-s and "Elrod"-s simple that way.

From the first page of Elrod results, it seems that Elrod is massively more common than ElrodW., the latter of which whose only story is Intervention .

The JG results are Murphy's Laws of Whateley , Blood-Sister, Blood-Brother , and Siblings & Savages Chapters 1 and 3 ...

And I just listed everything... *Sigh*
Last Edit: 1 month 3 weeks ago by Malady.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #44816 by Kristin Darken
Kristin Darken replied the topic: I hate being frustrated
And I just fixed everything listed.

Fate guard you and grant you a Light to brighten your Way.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreamer, Malady, Valentine, DanZilla, Anne

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #44939 by jmhyp
jmhyp replied the topic: I hate being frustrated
Remember, you can always just use Google. Just remember to put "site:whateleyacademy.net" as one of the search terms and Google will only give results from this website.

Moderators: WhateleyAdminKristin DarkenjaesicE. E. NalleyelrodwNagrijMageOhkiAstrodragonNeoMagusWarrenMorpheusWasamonsleethrOtherEricBek D CorbinMaLAguASouffle GirlPhoenix SpiritusStarwolfDanZillaKatie_LynMaggie FinsonDrBender
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds