× Keep in mind that suggestions must be within the realm of possibility to be taken seriously.

Posting rules: All registered members can create threads and post to existing ones.

Discord Channel

• Polk Kitsune
  • Polk Kitsune's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Expert
  • Expert
More
1 year 3 months ago #63029 by Polk Kitsune
Polk Kitsune replied the topic: Discord Channel
discord.gg/bdRqu7

This link is for 24 hours. Let’s test the waters at first. This is my first time setting a server like this, so if there’s bugs, let me know.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Malady

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 3 months ago #63033 by Anne
Anne replied the topic: Discord Channel
I'm there. I don't know what to expect for bugs. But so far as I can tell it is working as expected.

• Polk Kitsune
  • Away
  • Expert
  • Expert
More
1 year 3 months ago #63075 by Polk Kitsune
So far, so good. Guess I should make a permanent link to the channel now.

discord.gg/bMGfsNk

Should I look into posting it anywhere else to grab attention though?
The following user(s) said Thank You: ebony841

More
1 year 3 months ago #63080 by Anne
For now, I think if the admin will pin your message so that it doesn't disappear that will probably do. On a worse note, remembering password may be a bear for me if I don't sign in and out several times during the first hour.... Either that or I have EOA.... BRRR even considering that possibility!

• Polk Kitsune
  • Away
  • Expert
  • Expert
More
1 year 3 months ago #63082 by Polk Kitsune
Remembering passwords might be a chore, true, though when using the app on phone directly into the device, rather than using the browser doesn't require me to put in a password over and over. It just remembers it.

More
1 year 3 months ago #63084 by Sir Lee
Sir Lee replied the topic: Discord Channel
For the PC, there are several reputable password managers around. Or even the browser built-in password managing feature.

Don't call me "Shirley." You will surely make me surly.

More
1 year 3 months ago #63085 by Anne
;) I could set my computer to remember all my passwords for me... But then I'd need to password protect my desktop... And remembering passwords is good exercise, just not always easy!

More
1 year 3 months ago #63092 by Kettlekorn
Kettlekorn replied the topic: Discord Channel
Do you also individually lock your china hutch, entertainment center, and pantry so that you don't have to lock your house?

I am the kernel that pops in the night. I am the pain that keeps your dentist employed.

• null0trooper
  • Away
  • Old One
  • Old One
More
1 year 3 months ago #63093 by null0trooper
null0trooper replied the topic: Discord Channel

Kettlekorn wrote: Do you also individually lock your china hutch, entertainment center, and pantry so that you don't have to lock your house?

After the first break-in I moved the alarm control to a locked closet. Later, I installed a dead-bolted screen door between my living room and kitchen after the second break-in through that back door. I still locked both exterior doors. Would that count?

Forum-posted ideas are freely adoptable.

WhatIF Stories: Dream A Little Dream For Me

Discussion Thread

More
1 year 3 months ago #63096 by Anne
Since I live in an efficiency apartment none of that applies to me. But when it comes to computer security, it seems to make sense to have as many layers of passwords as possible. Don't know what is up with my wi-fi, my computer is sitting almost on top of it and it still seems to cut out more than if I use CatV cable.

Moderators: WhateleyAdminKristin DarkenE. E. NalleyelrodwNagrijMageOhkiAstrodragonNeoMagusWarrenMorpheusWasamonsleethrOtherEricBek D CorbinMaLAguASouffle GirlPhoenix SpiritusStarwolfDanZillaKatie_LynMaggie FinsonDrBender
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds