× Keep in mind that suggestions must be within the realm of possibility to be taken seriously.

Posting rules: All registered members can create threads and post to existing ones.

First Gen Original storylines

More
5 months 1 week ago #67926 by SDom111
SDom111 created the topic: First Gen Original storylines
I may be way out of touch here but it seems that it has been forever since we have had any story entries from cannon authors such JG, Elrod(Kayda) and some of the others. Is there something I have missed, or have these writers gone AWAL ?

I have enjoyed quite a few of the New Cannon Aurthors such as Morpheus and a couple of others. I would appreciate any knowledge any update/help in this.

Thank you

SDom111

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 months 1 week ago #67928 by Kristin Darken
Kristin Darken replied the topic: First Gen Original storylines
It's a tough situation, really. One of the best encouragements for getting the authors to write is for people to be reading their stories and commenting, talking about, and looking forward to more. But its far easier and faster to read stories than it is to write them. And readers who aren't getting enough new material to read will wander among various places to acquire that new material. In doing so, they split up their attention among various web sites and leave individual authors feeling less appreciated. Numbers of feedback and praise drop, the story read/hit counters accumulate slower, and authors begin to feel like they're doing something wrong... that no one likes their stories anymore. A quick burst of endorphins when they release something new no longer holds them over through the long working stages of preparing the next bit.

Fate guard you and grant you a Light to brighten your Way.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreamer

More
5 months 1 week ago #67929 by SDom111
SDom111 replied the topic: First Gen Original storylines
So I am taking from your response Kristin is that they have just stopped writing. I know both of the authors that I mentioned got quite a bit of feedback on their stories. I have read or at least I think I have read something that a few of those original cannon authors were writing but some of the others werent or werent writing I guess the term would be fast enough or keeping up wiht the story plots so the stories have come to a true slow down. I thought one of the reasons why the site organizers were looking for new cannon authors were that they would looking for authors to take over some of those characters maybe bring a couple of new characters with them as well but not just have the original characters just get dropped. Some of these new authors are very good and I mentioned Morpheus in my first post as I truly believe he is a pure talent. But JG and outcast corner, Elrod and Kayda(with her cast of assemble) and Team Kimba are the bread and butter of this site. I hope I am not being told that Those authors are no longer writing? Is that the case?

SDom111

More
5 months 1 week ago #67930 by DanZilla
DanZilla replied the topic: First Gen Original storylines
The good news is that we do have a story from JG coming soon as announced in this thread New Outcast Story and we recently got a new story from Branwen who used to write under the Dr Bender name previously. Dissonance (Part 1)

As well, I've seen no less than 3 older authors working away at stories recently so you WILL still see more out of our older authors... It's just been taking some time.

More
5 months 1 week ago #67932 by Kristin Darken
Kristin Darken replied the topic: First Gen Original storylines
And while we do have agreements with some of the newer authors to keep their characters an active part of the universe if for some reason they (they authors) go inactive. But with many of the older authors/characters, that agreement wasn't in place. So while we can cameo them or maybe do some 'minor' bits with them in supporting roles; we are limited in how much we can do without breaking our early copyright agreements. One of many things that makes a long running shared universe complicated.

Fate guard you and grant you a Light to brighten your Way.

More
5 months 1 week ago #67933 by SDom111
Thats good news, has it been told by anyone anywhere which of the older authors have gone Inactive?

SDom111

More
5 months 1 week ago #67935 by Morpheus
Morpheus replied the topic: First Gen Original storylines
I'm currently working on a non-Whateley serial story that has been taking a bit longer than expected. Once I'm done with my current project, I'll be back.

The waking world is but a dream.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreamer, Mister D

More
5 months 1 week ago #67939 by SDom111
Oh I do hope so Morpheus. I have followed your writing from Fictionmania, to bigclosetr to here. I am excited to here and look forward to your continue work as well as JG continuing OUTCAST CORNER.

Be good all and I appreciate the help and updates.

Thank you
SDom

• null0trooper
  • Away
  • Old One
  • Old One
More
5 months 1 week ago #67940 by null0trooper
null0trooper replied the topic: First Gen Original storylines

SDom111 wrote: Thats good news, has it been told by anyone anywhere which of the older authors have gone Inactive?

It hasn't been kept a secret: The Question

Elrod's not on the list because in the past year he's written or co-written:
Shine 2 - My Fair 'Shine (Part 4)
Charge of the Light Vignettes
Murphy's Laws of Spirit (Part One)
Knockoff 2 - Fight or Flight (part 1)
Laura and the Fan Club (Part 1)
Laura and the Fan Club (Part 2)
Laura and the Babysitting Blues

Forum-posted ideas are freely adoptable.

WhatIF Stories: Dream A Little Dream For Me

Discussion Thread

More
5 months 1 week ago #67944 by JG
JG replied the topic: First Gen Original storylines
I wandered off in search of beer.

Wandering back for a spell
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mister D, Anne

Moderators: WhateleyAdminKristin DarkenE. E. NalleyelrodwNagrijMageOhkiAstrodragonNeoMagusWarrenMorpheusWasamonsleethrOtherEricBek D CorbinMaLAguASouffle GirlPhoenix SpiritusStarwolfDanZillaKatie_LynMaggie FinsonDrBender
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds