× Feel free to discuss any typical forums accepted topic here, Whateley or otherwise. Let's avoid the usual suspects: politics, religion, and so forth that tend to result in flame wars and angered forums readers. Other topics will be considered fair game unless they prove to be too volatile, at which point we'll use Devisor created anti-flame chemicals on the subject.

The way off topic thread.

More
3 years 9 months ago #10678 by Kettlekorn
Kettlekorn replied the topic: The way off topic thread.
My Valentine's Day was pretty awesome.

I am the kernel that pops in the night. I am the pain that keeps your dentist employed.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 9 months ago #10679 by Domoviye
Domoviye replied the topic: The way off topic thread.
Thank god he kept his regular costume on underneath the dress.

More
3 years 9 months ago #10705 by DanZilla
DanZilla replied the topic: The way off topic thread.
At least it wasn't Jean Grey's costume... like this time...

More
3 years 9 months ago #10718 by Domoviye
Domoviye replied the topic: The way off topic thread.
As I said, I'm VERY glad he kept his other costume on.

More
3 years 9 months ago #10831 by FuzzyBoots
FuzzyBoots replied the topic: The way off topic thread.
Well, this is an interesting development . This is why laws generally start general, and then become increasingly specific as people find ways to make a mockery of said law. Apparently, the man neither looked female nor ever identified himself as such, but the article also doesn't indicate whether he was ever actually asked. If your laws are vague enough that no proof is necessary, someone's going to try to get by on no proof.

On a side note, I kind of wonder if it's even legal to ask. I know that you're not allowed to ask someone what their handicap is if they claim handicapped status, and there's been a whole furforall on the Dumbing of Age topic on TVTropes about how misgendering, even asking a person if they're the sex they appear to be, is considered a hate crime on some university campuses (personally, I think that they're trying to indicate that malicious misgendering is or should be treated that way, but they seem averse to qualifiers), so it wouldn't surprise me if the act of questioning was itself verboten.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Malady

More
3 years 9 months ago #10840 by Kettlekorn
Kettlekorn replied the topic: The way off topic thread.
When I go to a clothing store, they don't have a pair of big communal changing rooms that don't actually offer any privacy. They have individual stalls. This isn't rocket science.

I am the kernel that pops in the night. I am the pain that keeps your dentist employed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Malady

More
3 years 9 months ago #10857 by Sir Lee
Sir Lee replied the topic: The way off topic thread.
Yeah, Ally McBeal had an unisex bathroom what, almost twenty years ago?

But, I think that there is some middle ground that can be achieved. For instance, let's talk about senior citizens. Here in Brazil seniors don't have to pay for city public transportation (buses, metro...). But they have to show ID proving that they are in fact entitled to the privilege, although when the person is obviously over 65, bus drivers don't bother checking. My father once got quite happy of being "carded" in a bus -- he had shaven his head completely, and without white hair or male pattern baldness he looked almost 20 years younger than his actual age.

Similarly, seniors and handicapped people carry a laminated card they leave on the dash of the car when parking on reserved spaces. It doesn't have to detail their handicap, only that they are entitled to use the parking space.

In the case of the transgender bathroom issue, well... if they present as a man and enter a woman's bathroom, they better have something to support the claim that they are women. It's not that different from someone with no obvious handicap parking in a handicapped space; if there's no way to challenge the claim, it becomes open to abusers.

Don't call me "Shirley." You will surely make me surly.

• Valentine
  • Valentine's Avatar Topic Author
  • Old One
  • Old One
More
3 years 9 months ago #11218 by Valentine
Valentine replied the topic: The way off topic thread.
The new Hawthorne Plumber.

fminus 2/24/2016

Don't Drick and Drive.

• Dreamer
  • Away
  • Master
  • Master
  • I'm strange and I like it, just the way I am.
More
3 years 9 months ago #11230 by Dreamer
Dreamer replied the topic: The way off topic thread.

Valentine wrote: The new Hawthorne Plumber.

fminus 2/24/2016

If he went into that particular basement bathroom and didn't go insane, he would be perfect for the job. :woohoo:

Thank You for story comments appreciated and help me know me they are being read and liked. :-) Note: My story comments can't nor are trying to replace reading the stories, simply my way of enjoying them and letting the authors know I enjoy them.

More
3 years 9 months ago #11388 by a-d
a-d replied the topic: The way off topic thread.
Question
Is there a thread to post an off-site story recommendation?

There's a System Shock story I was going to name in the previous site's thread and would prefer to post in a similar one here if it exists.

Moderators: WhateleyAdminKristin DarkenE. E. NalleyelrodwNagrijMageOhkiAstrodragonNeoMagusWarrenMorpheusWasamonsleethrOtherEricBek D CorbinMaLAguASouffle GirlPhoenix SpiritusStarwolfDanZillaKatie_LynMaggie FinsonDrBenderJGBladedancerRenae_Whateley
Time to create page: 0.128 seconds