× Feel free to discuss any typical forums accepted topic here, Whateley or otherwise. Let's avoid the usual suspects: politics, religion, and so forth that tend to result in flame wars and angered forums readers. Other topics will be considered fair game unless they prove to be too volatile, at which point we'll use Devisor created anti-flame chemicals on the subject.

The way off topic thread.

More
3 years 9 months ago #11898 by Nagrij
Nagrij replied the topic: The way off topic thread.
Black Desert.

That is all.

www.patreon.com/Nagrij

If you like my writing, please consider helping me out, and see the rest of the tales I spin on Patreon.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #12049 by Arcanist Lupus
Arcanist Lupus replied the topic: The way off topic thread.
The only thing more annoying than online forms which have specific input requirements but don't tell you what they are until you try and submit the form are forms which do this and then erase fields so that you have to fill them in again.

And the only thing worse than that are forms which only give you one error at a time, thus forcing you to go through this entire process multiple times.

I hate applying for jobs so much. Anyone looking to hire an entry level materials or mechanical engineer?

"Shared pain is lessened; shared joy, increased — thus do we refute entropy." - Spider Robinson
Last Edit: 3 years 9 months ago by Arcanist Lupus.

More
3 years 8 months ago #12151 by mittfh
mittfh replied the topic: The way off topic thread.
The other day (Wednesday) we had a lot of rain, which caused the local ford to flood.

Despite two electronic warning signs advising drivers the road was impassible, a road closed sign in the middle of the road with a couple of cones, plus two flood level gauges stating the water was about 1½ - 2' high, some muppets still thought they'd drive through it - with predictable results.

Oh dear...

That Vauxhall Corsa is a 16 plate, so was only 9 days old. Even more of a muppet is the owner of the green car in the photo below the video on the site - not only did they ignore everything mentioned above, but also the rather prominent Corsa stuck in the water.

As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

More
3 years 8 months ago #12165 by Arcanist Lupus
Maybe they should have driven a fire truck to work instead.

"Shared pain is lessened; shared joy, increased — thus do we refute entropy." - Spider Robinson

More
3 years 8 months ago #12197 by mittfh
Needless to say, the flooded ford also brings out locals in 4x4s equipped with snorkels, who take great delight in ploughing through the water at speed so as to soak spectators on the raised footpath...

As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

More
3 years 8 months ago #12342 by Arcanist Lupus
Stereogram Tetris ! Play games where nobody else can see how well you're doing!

More
3 years 8 months ago #13668 by mittfh
Spotted on Facebook - I think everyone who saw Aquerna vs Buster can testify to this :)

More
3 years 8 months ago #13673 by Arcanist Lupus

mittfh wrote: Spotted on Facebook - I think everyone who saw Aquerna vs Buster can testify to this :)

Heh. That's a quote from this card , and has always been one of my favorite MtG flavor texts.

The following user(s) said Thank You: marie7342231

More
3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #14179 by Kettlekorn
Kettlekorn replied the topic: The way off topic thread.
WARNING: Do NOT conduct this experiment without ARC supervision.

I am the kernel that pops in the night. I am the pain that keeps your dentist employed.
Last Edit: 3 years 7 months ago by Kettlekorn.

More
3 years 7 months ago #14214 by FuzzyBoots
FuzzyBoots replied the topic: The way off topic thread.
Very tangential, but Tatanka is back in the limelight after his recent Wrestlemania appearance. He also wrestled in a local event here in Pennsylvania for the International Wrestling Cartel. He's doing pretty well for being in his 50s...

Moderators: WhateleyAdminKristin DarkenE. E. NalleyelrodwNagrijMageOhkiAstrodragonNeoMagusWarrenMorpheusWasamonsleethrOtherEricBek D CorbinMaLAguASouffle GirlPhoenix SpiritusStarwolfDanZillaKatie_LynMaggie FinsonDrBenderJGBladedancerRenae_Whateley
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds