× Feel free to discuss any typical forums accepted topic here, Whateley or otherwise. Let's avoid the usual suspects: politics, religion, and so forth that tend to result in flame wars and angered forums readers. Other topics will be considered fair game unless they prove to be too volatile, at which point we'll use Devisor created anti-flame chemicals on the subject.

Wiki Wiki Wiki!

More
1 year 1 month ago #65892 by null0trooper
null0trooper replied the topic: Wiki Wiki Wiki!

Malady wrote: Redirect and rename all "English I" to "Beginning English", given how they seem to be the same class, given that they share a teacher?

Some of Myra's students are native speakers, they just lack reading and writing skills. Others, like Kenshin, needs "English as a Second Language" If it helps, the Three Witches were taking MC 050- ‘Common Sense for Dingbats’ in Year One.

One of the problems with the class naming is that it's never been very clear if "English I" is a one- or two-semester class (NH wants graduates to have four credits/eight semesters of English)

Vamp is assigned remedial classes for all the major subjects in Winter 2007, to get her caught up with the other freshmen the following term. Tennyo's in Dr. Winslow’s remedial mathematics class, there's also remedial algebra and remedial pre-algebra.

Forum-posted ideas are freely adoptable.

WhatIF Stories: Dream A Little Dream For Me

Discussion Thread

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 1 month ago - 1 year 1 month ago #65895 by Malady
Malady replied the topic: Wiki Wiki Wiki!
Okay, so yeah, gonna name Myra's class, English Language Learners, since that's actually a commonly used term.

And as a separate type of class from Remedial.

IIRC, that's her only class?

If we are sectioning class pages by Gen, do it as the highest level of sectioning?

Since possibly not much is shared after a decade?

Have we seen any other Gen2 English class?

ELL Draft. Also, Code doesn't auto-close like Spoiler. Hmm. [ Click to expand ]

----

Info on "English I" is sparse. I / we need to find people who actually say they took it, and / or have it with Pejuta...
Last Edit: 1 year 1 month ago by Malady.

More
1 year 1 month ago #65898 by XaltatunOfAcheron
XaltatunOfAcheron replied the topic: Wiki Wiki Wiki!
With the exception of the four stories listed above, Gen 2 is DONE!

All that's needed to keep it up to date is to process each story part as it's posted.

So - on to Gen 1.
The following user(s) said Thank You: marie7342231

More
1 year 1 month ago #65903 by marie7342231
marie7342231 replied the topic: Wiki Wiki Wiki!

XaltatunOfAcheron wrote: With the exception of the four stories listed above, Gen 2 is DONE!

All that's needed to keep it up to date is to process each story part as it's posted.

So - on to Gen 1.

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO!! The Wiki is a gift I take for granted sometimes and wow, so much thought and coordination has gone into keeping it up. Much gratitude and love

More
1 year 1 month ago #65905 by null0trooper

Malady wrote: If we are sectioning class pages by Gen, do it as the highest level of sectioning?

Since possibly not much is shared after a decade?

The syllabi would change each year for the college-level classes in the physical sciences, but still be the same basic topics. Calculus at the entry level hasn't changed in centuries; geometry, in millenia. FWIW, there had to be 20-30 names above mine in my 5th and 6th grade English textbooks.

Discussion Thread
The following user(s) said Thank You: Malady

More
1 year 1 month ago #65914 by Sir Lee
Sir Lee replied the topic: Wiki Wiki Wiki!

null0trooper wrote: How do we stand, with regard to "fair use" and author's copyright to use the infamous picture of Schroedinger on his wiki page?
crystalhall.fandom.com/wiki/Schroedinger

Well, in this case I'm fairly sure that Drunkfu granted permission to use their Whateley-related illustrations in the wiki.

Don't call me "Shirley." You will surely make me surly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Malady, null0trooper

More
1 year 1 month ago - 1 year 1 month ago #65924 by Malady
On the topic of keeping the Wiki up to date...

Nefarious Three Story Page [ Click to expand ]

----

And now adding it to "Dated Stories - 2016-17". Not sure what the last row with those style codes mean... And need the word count...:

Draft [ Click to expand ]
Last Edit: 1 year 1 month ago by Malady.

More
1 year 1 month ago #65981 by XaltatunOfAcheron
XaltatunOfAcheron replied the topic: Wiki Wiki Wiki!
Since Nefarious Three added (at least) 26 red links, I'm thinking of doing some of the character sheets. My fingers are itching to add a (VI) or (AI) to the end of the names of Belphegor's systems.

Comments?

More
1 year 1 month ago #65983 by null0trooper

XaltatunOfAcheron wrote: Since Nefarious Three added (at least) 26 red links, I'm thinking of doing some of the character sheets. My fingers are itching to add a (VI) or (AI) to the end of the names of Belphegor's systems.

Comments?

They have personalities and the names would be good for code names, I'd say go for it.

“What get around? His VIs like me better’n they like him.”

Plus, they're smart.

Two of the current three (CASPAR, MELCHIOR, BALTHASAR) have been called VIs in-text.
PETER, PAUL, and MARY probably were VI-class

For some reason, I'm tempted to think Belphegor's been robbing the creche.

Discussion Thread
The following user(s) said Thank You: XaltatunOfAcheron

More
1 year 1 month ago #65990 by Malady
Stick a Real Life note on "Matthew Hopkins", ancient Witch-Finder General?

Moderators: WhateleyAdminKristin DarkenE. E. NalleyelrodwNagrijMageOhkiAstrodragonNeoMagusWarrenMorpheusWasamonsleethrOtherEricBek D CorbinMaLAguASouffle GirlPhoenix SpiritusStarwolfDanZillaKatie_LynMaggie FinsonDrBenderJGBladedancerRenae_Whateley
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds