× Feel free to discuss any typical forums accepted topic here, Whateley or otherwise. Let's avoid the usual suspects: politics, religion, and so forth that tend to result in flame wars and angered forums readers. Other topics will be considered fair game unless they prove to be too volatile, at which point we'll use Devisor created anti-flame chemicals on the subject.

Wiki Wiki Wiki!

More
1 year 1 month ago - 1 year 1 month ago #65994 by Sir Lee
Sir Lee replied the topic: Wiki Wiki Wiki!
Hmmm... if we don't have anything Whateley-specific about him, rather than do a Whateley-wiki page and tag the Real World template, it might be better just to link directly to the Wikipedia page.

(Edit) Yeah, reviewing the two stories where the Witch Hunter and his alleged ancestor is mentioned, there's no reason to have a page about him. It's like having a page about, I don't know, Julius Caesar -- a historical personage who, AFAWK, was exactly the same in the Whateley Universe as in the "Real World." (And somebody will likely dig a quote proving that my analogy is bogus because the WU Julius Caesar was a mutant or something). I'll make a few adjustments...

Don't call me "Shirley." You will surely make me surly.
Last Edit: 1 year 1 month ago by Sir Lee.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Malady

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 1 month ago #66008 by Malady
Malady replied the topic: Wiki Wiki Wiki!
I should go soon...

Note: Incorporate Fortenbras / Gregory's power info from Meanwhile in Castle Groenwald

Gregory Crumbley's arms shimmered and appeared to expand. If she were to guess, she thought it might be some sort of PK field, focused on those limbs to form larger and more powerful extensions. Certainly, they were strong enough to let the young man go head-to-head with Pantagruel, punching the mutant with a force fit to knock him down, if only for a moment.

[...]

Only Gregory faced the thing directly, keeping its overly long arms occupied with a grappling move not unlike a rugby scrum. Greenish muscles bulged as they forced themselves against silvery PK, but Pantagruel's attention was too distracted to put its full effort in.

Not sure who has the long arms. Gregory, Pantagruel, or both.

---

Use this reference tag for noting that they're the same person:
<ref name="WOG1">[http://whateleyacademy.net/index.php/forum/speculation-101-story-arcs/3201-dorms-of-our-lives-season-5#65913 WOG from Wasamon]</ref>

More
1 year 1 month ago #66011 by Wasamon
Wasamon replied the topic: Wiki Wiki Wiki!
FYI, Fortenbras was introduced by full name in Dorms 1, at the mixer. Also, his real arms are perfectly normal. It's the blue PK arms that are larger than life :)

More
1 year 1 month ago #66012 by null0trooper
null0trooper replied the topic: Wiki Wiki Wiki!

Malady wrote: I should go soon...

Note: Incorporate Fortenbras / Gregory's power info from Meanwhile in Castle Groenwald

Gregory Crumbley's arms shimmered and appeared to expand. If she were to guess, she thought it might be some sort of PK field, focused on those limbs to form larger and more powerful extensions. Certainly, they were strong enough to let the young man go head-to-head with Pantagruel, punching the mutant with a force fit to knock him down, if only for a moment.

[...]

Only Gregory faced the thing directly, keeping its overly long arms occupied with a grappling move not unlike a rugby scrum. Greenish muscles bulged as they forced themselves against silvery PK, but Pantagruel's attention was too distracted to put its full effort in.

Not sure who has the long arms. Gregory, Pantagruel, or both.

As written, Pantagruel has long arms, Gregory has PK-reinforced and -expanded (thickened) arms, hence Fortinbras

Forum-posted ideas are freely adoptable.

WhatIF Stories: Dream A Little Dream For Me

Discussion Thread

More
1 year 1 month ago - 1 year 1 month ago #66017 by Malady
We have at least 2 different ways to refer to the "Whateley_Academy_Generation_2" page?

Feels weird that most of its uses as a reference, call it "Generation 2 Announcement"... When it's not the page title.

And doesn't even summarize the announcement.

Should we rename and summarize the Announcement for more standard citing? And to provided better info for people like Shieldwall?

whateleyacademy.net/index.php/2nd-gen-ca...ation-2-announcement
Last Edit: 1 year 1 month ago by Malady.

More
1 year 4 weeks ago #66038 by Malady
Just looked at "Dated_Stories_-_AY_2007-08"... Any reason why the Silver Ghost, and, well, any story before August 2007, is listed?

More
1 year 4 weeks ago #66040 by null0trooper

Malady wrote: Just looked at "Dated_Stories_-_AY_2007-08"... Any reason why the Silver Ghost, and, well, any story before August 2007, is listed?

Aren't most of those thought to be prequels or lead-ins to the 2007-8 academic year stories?

Discussion Thread

More
1 year 4 weeks ago #66041 by Sir Lee
Sir Lee replied the topic: Wiki Wiki Wiki!
Actually, we don't KNOW that. Silver Ghost did not show up in Year Two (although Spence did). SG might not ever go to Whateley. So it doesn't make much sense to assign the Silver Ghost stories to any particular Whateley academic year.

OTOH, there are occasional small crossovers between the SG stories and the Whateley stories, such as the Bad Seeds analyzing the results of Dr. Dad's Cleveland raid. So it would make some sense to place the SG stories along the Year 1 Whateley stories.

Alternatively, if anybody feels up to it, a bunch of stories that only lightly, if ever, touch on the campus affairs (consider the Loose Cannons ones, for instance) could be moved to a separate list. But I'm no particular fan of doing so; consider Envy and Scapegrace, who begin off-campus but eventually move to Whateley. Setting them in the "off-campus" for the first story and "on-campus" later could get confusing. Or consider the Gen2 tales such as Evil Genius, which are entirely off-campus but involve Gen1 characters.

Don't call me "Shirley." You will surely make me surly.

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #66201 by Malady
Should "Cyber-scarab" be "Cyber-Scarab"?

I actually sorta like the date linking style in See Also like in "1998-03#See Also", but we previously potholed dates inside their descriptors, like in "2007-05-14#See Also"...

Also same sorta thing for "1998-02"...

But most / all can be handled by the bot?

... Gonna go fill out Vox's page 'cause I got a request. TTYL.
The following user(s) said Thank You: XaltatunOfAcheron

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #66204 by null0trooper

Malady wrote: Should "Cyber-scarab" be "Cyber-Scarab"?

"Have Your Self an Evil Little Christmas" (Cyber-Scarab) predates "As Beauty Does" (Cyber-scarab) by a few years.

Discussion Thread
The following user(s) said Thank You: XaltatunOfAcheron

Moderators: WhateleyAdminKristin DarkenE. E. NalleyelrodwNagrijMageOhkiAstrodragonNeoMagusWarrenMorpheusWasamonsleethrOtherEricBek D CorbinMaLAguASouffle GirlPhoenix SpiritusStarwolfDanZillaKatie_LynMaggie FinsonDrBenderJGBladedancerRenae_Whateley
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds