× Feel free to discuss any typical forums accepted topic here, Whateley or otherwise. Let's avoid the usual suspects: politics, religion, and so forth that tend to result in flame wars and angered forums readers. Other topics will be considered fair game unless they prove to be too volatile, at which point we'll use Devisor created anti-flame chemicals on the subject.

Wiki Wiki Wiki!

More
9 months 2 weeks ago #67305 by null0trooper
null0trooper replied the topic: Wiki Wiki Wiki!
It looks like "Business As Usual" runs Monday, Aug. 29, to Tuesday, Sept. 6, 2016. Yes, no, maybe?

Forum-posted ideas are freely adoptable.

WhatIF Stories: Dream A Little Dream For Me

Discussion Thread

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 months 4 weeks ago #67578 by Malady
Malady replied the topic: Wiki Wiki Wiki!
Dunno about all that...

But, "DOD" should probably be moved to "Department of Defense", given the Real Life header, and etc?

More
8 months 4 weeks ago #67579 by Sir Lee
Sir Lee replied the topic: Wiki Wiki Wiki!
Yes. And it was.

Don't call me "Shirley." You will surely make me surly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Malady

More
8 months 2 weeks ago #67736 by Malady
Wonder if we should split "President of the United States" and "Vice President of the United States" into the individual people...

But they don't appear much... Make the people into Redirects to their jobs?

More
8 months 2 weeks ago #67738 by null0trooper
Maybe treat it similarly to a state or other government agency, provide a short blurb linking to Wikipedia for each post and mention what's defined as different for the WU? If we were maintaining a wiki on the US political system, there'd be no way we could redirect George W. Bush to both POTUS and GOTGSOT at the same time.

Discussion Thread

More
8 months 2 weeks ago #67740 by Malady

null0trooper wrote: Maybe treat it similarly to a state or other government agency, provide a short blurb linking to Wikipedia for each post and mention what's defined as different for the WU? If we were maintaining a wiki on the US political system, there'd be no way we could redirect George W. Bush to both POTUS and GOTGSOT at the same time.

How's that different from how it currently is?

I guess we can section off each person more clearly...

----

Category:Florida...

How do we deal with the redlinks for locations like "Alabama" and "Georgia"? Since those are Categories too... Do we just redirect to the categories?

I forget if we ever kept any inter-category linking, instead of eventually making it go to an actual Main page...

----

People should be stored at the deepest categories of a type, right? So "Reilley", should only be in Topeka, instead of Topeka and Kansas, as that's the deepest Location category?

More
8 months 2 weeks ago #67741 by Sir Lee
Sir Lee replied the topic: Wiki Wiki Wiki!
General rule of thumb is: is there anything interesting to say about the WU version of <whatever>, as opposed to the <whatever>'s entry on the Wikipedia? If not, it shouldn't have its own entry. It still can have a category, though. Or a redirect to the Wikipedia.

Don't call me "Shirley." You will surely make me surly.

More
8 months 2 weeks ago #67742 by null0trooper

Malady wrote:
Category:Florida...

How do we deal with the redlinks for locations like "Alabama" and "Georgia"? Since those are Categories too... Do we just redirect to the categories?

Since text can be added to Category pages (See Ohio or Florida ) it's likely to be a good idea to take care of that as we go along. Not too many North Dakota or Maine supers so far.

Malady wrote: People should be stored at the deepest categories of a type, right? So "Reilley", should only be in Topeka, instead of Topeka and Kansas, as that's the deepest Location category?

How many readers in Germany can name all the major cities in Kansas? It's probably better to give the users searching for information a chance of success whether they remember the city or the state.

Discussion Thread
The following user(s) said Thank You: Malady

More
8 months 2 weeks ago - 8 months 2 weeks ago #67745 by Malady
Category:Teleporter is being used, but doesn't exist.

Move all of them to Warper, or is it a category we wanna keep?

----

Not sure why "Poe Room Assignments" calls "Striatura Blu", as "Blue Streak (student)"... Should we move her to that??

Oh, Elrod is the one that added it. Hmm. *shrugs*
Last Edit: 8 months 2 weeks ago by Malady.

More
8 months 2 weeks ago #67752 by null0trooper

Malady wrote: Category:Teleporter is being used, but doesn't exist.

It has 4 members, which is why I mentioned it in Powers.

Malady wrote: Move all of them to Warper, or is it a category we wanna keep?

It would be useful for "who can manage this?" questions, as a subcategory of Warper.

Discussion Thread

Moderators: WhateleyAdminKristin DarkenE. E. NalleyelrodwNagrijMageOhkiAstrodragonNeoMagusWarrenMorpheusWasamonsleethrOtherEricBek D CorbinMaLAguASouffle GirlPhoenix SpiritusStarwolfDanZillaKatie_LynMaggie FinsonDrBenderJGBladedancerRenae_Whateley
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds