× Feel free to discuss any typical forums accepted topic here, Whateley or otherwise. Let's avoid the usual suspects: politics, religion, and so forth that tend to result in flame wars and angered forums readers. Other topics will be considered fair game unless they prove to be too volatile, at which point we'll use Devisor created anti-flame chemicals on the subject.

Wiki Wiki Wiki!

More
5 months 1 day ago #68705 by Malady
Malady replied the topic: Wiki Wiki Wiki!
Delete Krew_of_Kthon please, since that was a misspelling? I already renamed it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 months 1 day ago #68719 by Sir Lee
Sir Lee replied the topic: Wiki Wiki Wiki!
Done.

Don't call me "Shirley." You will surely make me surly.

More
4 months 2 weeks ago - 4 months 2 weeks ago #68821 by Malady
Thanks!

Hmm... How about removing the teams that have sub-categories from the general "Category:Superhero_Teams", leaving only the sub-category, in that case?

crystalhall.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Superhero_Teams

----

I could do it, it's only about ~30 pages, but not sure if it's easier for the bot to do it...
Last Edit: 4 months 2 weeks ago by Malady.

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #68831 by Sir Lee
That's a tough one, I can see the arguments for both positions.

More
3 months 4 weeks ago - 3 months 4 weeks ago #69024 by Malady
How about moving "Dr._Bender" to "Branwen"?

And "Category:Dr._Bender" as well?

Oh, and Drunkfu > Shia.
Last Edit: 3 months 4 weeks ago by Malady.

More
3 months 4 weeks ago #69036 by Sir Lee
Basically, changing an author's name is possible (we have done so in the past, notably for Heather) but I hesitate to do so other as following a request by the author. I don't presume to second-guess their preferences regarding this.

In Bender/Branwen's case, I'm not even sure what her preferences are in the subject. While she is going by Branwen now, "Dr. Bender" is fairly gender-agnostic and it's unclear if she wants to abandon that pen-name entirely.

In Drunkfu/Shia's case, well, the name change appears to have happened after their departure from Whateley. I don't know their motives for the change. It is within the realm of possibility that they want to establish a new pen name dissociated from their older works, and if so, a wholesale change would go contrary to their desires.

Anyway, the role of the wiki is to be a secondary resource, following the practice of the main site. AFAIK, their older works in this site are still listed as "Dr. Bender" and "Drunkfu." Adopting a different naming scheme on the wiki, even if more "updated", might not be helpful.

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #69066 by Malady
*nods*

Should we categorize authors by nation? Like we do with Wasamon (Japan) and MageOhki (America)? Or should we leave the nation categories for In-Universe things?

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #69067 by null0trooper
null0trooper replied the topic: Wiki Wiki Wiki!

Malady wrote: Should we categorize authors by nation? Like we do with Wasamon (Japan) and MageOhki (America)? Or should we leave the nation categories for In-Universe things?

I think both were born in the US, though MageOhki has spent considerable time in Japan. Is the goal to note that their writing may culturally fall under "own voices" or to tag their preferred settings?

Forum-posted ideas are freely adoptable.

WhatIF Stories: Dream A Little Dream For Me

Discussion Thread

More
2 months 2 weeks ago - 2 months 2 weeks ago #69484 by Malady
What category should the various species be under?

Sidhe, Faerie, Isokist, Dijinn... I guess "The Universe"... OR do we make a Species category?

Mutants aren't a Species, so that's why they're in Concepts, instead of The Universe?

Should we have a Human page??
Last Edit: 2 months 2 weeks ago by Malady.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #69487 by null0trooper
null0trooper replied the topic: Wiki Wiki Wiki!

Malady wrote: What category should the various species be under?

Sidhe, Faerie, Isokist, Dijinn... I guess "The Universe"... OR do we make a Species category?

Sthri may be one extraterrestrial material plane species.

Djinn and similar entities from (one of) the terrestrial planes of Fire would technically be Demons.
(Demons are in the Terminology category)

Forum-posted ideas are freely adoptable.

WhatIF Stories: Dream A Little Dream For Me

Discussion Thread

Moderators: WhateleyAdminKristin DarkenE. E. NalleyelrodwNagrijMageOhkiAstrodragonNeoMagusWarrenMorpheusWasamonsleethrOtherEricBek D CorbinMaLAguASouffle GirlPhoenix SpiritusStarwolfDanZillaKatie_LynMaggie FinsonDrBenderJGBladedancerRenae_Whateley
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds