× Feel free to discuss any typical forums accepted topic here, Whateley or otherwise. Let's avoid the usual suspects: politics, religion, and so forth that tend to result in flame wars and angered forums readers. Other topics will be considered fair game unless they prove to be too volatile, at which point we'll use Devisor created anti-flame chemicals on the subject.

Wiki Wiki Wiki!

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #69488 by Sir Lee
Sir Lee replied the topic: Wiki Wiki Wiki!
I think there's two large groupings here -- "supernatural species" and "alien species." Although a few of the Lovecraftian ones, like the Mi-Go, may be hard to pigeonhole in either side.

Don't call me "Shirley." You will surely make me surly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mister D

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #69489 by Mister D
Mister D replied the topic: Wiki Wiki Wiki!

Sir Lee wrote: I think there's two large groupings here -- "supernatural species" and "alien species." Although a few of the Lovecraftian ones, like the Mi-Go, may be hard to pigeonhole in either side.

http://freefall.purrsia.com/ff300/fv00255.htm

While there is a qualitative difference from a narrative perspective, if you look at how magic is described, you can see how it's just algorithms for manipulating energy that most people cannot even begin to percieve, just like High Energy Physics... :D

Measure Twice

• ShadowedSin
  • Author
  • Author
  • A Fae Storyteller
More
2 months 2 weeks ago #69491 by ShadowedSin
ShadowedSin replied the topic: Wiki Wiki Wiki!
Spoken to Branwen, she'd like references on the wiki to her previous stories under Dr. Bender to be listed under her current name.

"I can only conclude that I'm paying off karma at a vastly accelerated rate."
-Commander Susan Ivanova, Earth Force, Babylon 5

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #69495 by Malady
Malady replied the topic: Wiki Wiki Wiki!
Updated TimelineX, unless we want to make another, main timeline page...

Since we already call it the "Official Timeline" on "Timelines"...

Any confirmation on "The Island of Dr. DNA" having events in July 1999? I thought it was "Backside of Paradise", but no, I read 1998 as 1999 there...

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #69496 by null0trooper
null0trooper replied the topic: Wiki Wiki Wiki!

Malady wrote: Any confirmation on "The Island of Dr. DNA" having events in July 1999? I thought it was "Backside of Paradise", but no, I read 1998 as 1999 there...

March 10th, 2000
The Brennan Residence, Paradise Island

Bile rose in Nick's throat and the world spun slowly for a moment. Yesterday it had been late July and 1998. And he had been human. "We were alerted by the Nicaraguan government that they suspected Dr. DNA had set up shop in the archipelago. We were to come in, scout and discover the situation and if we could free hostages or lay hands on him to do so, otherwise report back and spear head a larger force."

From the other dates given:
* February 22nd, 1999: Martin shows video of Heather Royce and Rebecca to Lord Paramount, gets go-ahead on project.
* June 28th, 1999: Martin shows off Nick as he's developing to Heather.
* Nick Brennan wakes up March 10, 2000, as an Animan. Fuzzy memory? It happens

... the process is said to take "about a year", and Dr. DNA would need time to set up in his new location, so Nick's team was likely to have been bushwacked some time April-June 1999.

Forum-posted ideas are freely adoptable.

WhatIF Stories: Dream A Little Dream For Me

Discussion Thread

More
2 months 2 weeks ago - 2 months 2 weeks ago #69505 by Sir Lee

ShadowedSin wrote: Spoken to Branwen, she'd like references on the wiki to her previous stories under Dr. Bender to be listed under her current name.

That's fine, we can do the change. It would be nice if the stories on the site were changed too, so it is all consistent. Otherwise it can get confusing for the readers. Although we can keep a few redirects around, and perhaps a mention in the main page to the tune that "Branwen in the past used Dr. Bender as a pen name."

To be clear: should we change "Dr. Bender" to "Branwen," "Branwen Bender" or "Branwen Gillen"?

Last Edit: 2 months 2 weeks ago by Sir Lee.

• ShadowedSin
  • Author
  • Author
  • A Fae Storyteller
More
2 months 2 weeks ago #69507 by ShadowedSin
ShadowedSin replied the topic: Wiki Wiki Wiki!
Dr. Bender should be listed under "Branwen". You can most definitely mention her other pseudonyms. The site now lists all of the "Bender" works as those written by "Branwen", so it should be a lot easier to dissuade confusion.

"I can only conclude that I'm paying off karma at a vastly accelerated rate."
-Commander Susan Ivanova, Earth Force, Babylon 5

More
2 months 2 weeks ago - 2 months 2 weeks ago #69508 by Sir Lee
OK, I'm going to tackle it.
(edit)
And... it's done, I think. There may be things still to be fixed, such as broken outside links and incorrect gender pronouns scattered about. I note that BigCloset, Fictionmania and DeviantArt still list Branwen as "Dr. Bender" -- and I assume so does Sapphire's Place, but the site has been unreachable since yesterday at least.

Last Edit: 2 months 2 weeks ago by Sir Lee.

More
2 months 1 week ago #69518 by Malady
Malady replied the topic: Wiki Wiki Wiki!
Move "Totem" to "Charles Lodgeman", because all adults are listed under their adult names, not their codenames?

Also Charles, not Charlie, because the latter is the one in older use?

More
2 months 1 week ago #69519 by null0trooper
null0trooper replied the topic: Wiki Wiki Wiki!

Malady wrote: Move "Totem" to "Charles Lodgeman", because all adults are listed under their adult names, not their codenames?

Also Charles, not Charlie, because the latter is the one in older use?

Makes sense, though by Gen 2, many of the Gen 1 characters might be adults. "Totem" to be kept as a redirect?

Forum-posted ideas are freely adoptable.

WhatIF Stories: Dream A Little Dream For Me

Discussion Thread

Moderators: WhateleyAdminKristin DarkenE. E. NalleyelrodwNagrijMageOhkiAstrodragonNeoMagusWarrenMorpheusWasamonsleethrOtherEricBek D CorbinMaLAguASouffle GirlPhoenix SpiritusStarwolfDanZillaKatie_LynMaggie FinsonDrBenderJGBladedancerRenae_Whateley
Time to create page: 0.141 seconds