× Feel free to discuss any typical forums accepted topic here, Whateley or otherwise. Let's avoid the usual suspects: politics, religion, and so forth that tend to result in flame wars and angered forums readers. Other topics will be considered fair game unless they prove to be too volatile, at which point we'll use Devisor created anti-flame chemicals on the subject.

Wiki Wiki Wiki!

More
3 months 1 week ago - 3 months 1 week ago #69527 by Sir Lee
Sir Lee replied the topic: Wiki Wiki Wiki!
It's not so much a matter of being a student/adult, but rather a matter of what is the "main" name the character uses. Meaning, as a general rule of thumb, active heroes and villains go by codename, inactive ones go by civilian name. There are exceptions, such as Imp, who prefers her students call her "Ms. Imp" and not "Ms. Kade."

Let me amend the above: it's not so much the name the character uses, but rather the name of their main role in the stories. For instance, Thrasher's father is no longer an active villain, but his role in the stories is as "Mach-5, Bad Seeds parent", not as "Jacob Thurston, stock market trader."

But, that still means that "Totem" should be moved to "Charles Lodgeman," since his main role nowadays is not "superhero" but "Whateley trustee." The redirect should be left anyway, we do use those for aliases... Ms. Carson has half a dozen or so, having gone by multiple aliases in the past.

Don't call me "Shirley." You will surely make me surly.
Last Edit: 3 months 1 week ago by Sir Lee.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Malady

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 months 1 week ago - 3 months 1 week ago #69538 by Malady
Malady replied the topic: Wiki Wiki Wiki!
Do we have a category for the Gen2 Wondercute? Because right now, it seems both iterations share the Category...

If I'm right, and we don't... What should we call Gen 2 Wondercute? Just "Wondercute (Gen2)"?
Last Edit: 3 months 1 week ago by Malady.

• null0trooper
  • Away
  • Old One
  • Old One
More
3 months 1 week ago #69539 by null0trooper
null0trooper replied the topic: Wiki Wiki Wiki!

Malady wrote: Do we have a category for the Gen2 Wondercute? Because right now, it seems both iterations share the Category...

If I'm right, and we don't... What should we call Gen 2 Wondercute? Just "Wondercute (Gen2)"?

"Wondercute (Gen2)" might be more consistent than "Wondercute II"

Long-running teams like "Team Phoenix" and "Grunts" might need a (Gen2) category unless the "Premier Varsity Combat Team" and "JROTC Combat Team" have changed names.

Forum-posted ideas are freely adoptable.

WhatIF Stories: Falconer: A Stranger Arrives in Town

Discussion Thread

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #69641 by Malady
^ - So, no one's disagreed with Generation markers. That's good...

Anyone know where we had the trial of using templates for story info? Like we put summaries in some sorta Template? That is, Template according to Wikia...

I've just been thinking about templates again, and also found this, which could be useful with some modifications...

crystalhall.fandom.com/wiki/Template:Infobox_character

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #69649 by Sir Lee
Yeah, this template appears to be one of the ones available by default on Wikia/Fandom. It seems to be geared towards gaming, though. It would need some work before it would make sense in the Whateley context.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #69654 by Malady
So...

Info that *we* want for our character boxes... Codename, real name, age, gender / sex, hometown, cottage, birthday, room number

Gonna go make Category:Wondercute (Gen2)...

• null0trooper
  • Away
  • Old One
  • Old One
More
2 months 1 week ago #69779 by null0trooper
Do we have the copyright or permission to use this image of Sun Wukong:

Discussion Thread
Attachments:

More
2 months 1 week ago #69784 by Malady

More
2 months 4 days ago - 2 months 4 days ago #69807 by Sir Lee
OK, this is the weirdest wiki vandalism I have ever seen...
"Weird" because it actually does not do anything damaging. The person essentially did a no-changes edit (add/remove a line break where it does not impact the page layout) to the Amelia Hartford page... and used the comment field as a sort of a Tinder chat thing. Asking to date Amelia "Hartass" Hartford.
I wonder if Lord Paramount would find this amusing... or grounds for a "measured response"?

(The annoying part is that since it's in the changes log comment, it's hard to expunge. In this particular case it's between harmless and amusing, but I could see it being weaponized to post all sorts of unpleasant messages)

Last Edit: 2 months 4 days ago by Sir Lee.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mister D

• null0trooper
  • Away
  • Old One
  • Old One
More
2 months 4 days ago #69808 by null0trooper
We could always copy the code, nuke the page, then repopulate? Judging from the revision history, the page has always been cursed.

Discussion Thread

Moderators: WhateleyAdminKristin DarkenE. E. NalleyelrodwNagrijMageOhkiAstrodragonNeoMagusWarrenMorpheusWasamonsleethrOtherEricBek D CorbinMaLAguASouffle GirlPhoenix SpiritusStarwolfDanZillaKatie_LynMaggie FinsonDrBenderJGBladedancerRenae_Whateley
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds