× Feel free to discuss any typical forums accepted topic here, Whateley or otherwise. Let's avoid the usual suspects: politics, religion, and so forth that tend to result in flame wars and angered forums readers. Other topics will be considered fair game unless they prove to be too volatile, at which point we'll use Devisor created anti-flame chemicals on the subject.

Wiki Wiki Wiki!

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #69978 by Sir Lee
Sir Lee replied the topic: Wiki Wiki Wiki!
Regarding the original Malady question... we have a major example of a team page with "Team" on the name, and that is for (drumroll)... Team Kimba.

The major difference is that Team Kimba is ALWAYS referred to as "Team Kimba", not EVER as "Kimba." It's part of their official, registered name, apparently -- while, say, "Pan-Asia" is seldom if ever referred to as "Team Pan-Asia".

I guess I kinda jumped the gun here... perhaps we should have asked Morpheus (I guess he's the team "owner") if the team's name is "Shenanigans" or "Team Shenanigans" before going with the wholesale renaming. At least I didn't change the links for "Team Shenanigans" yet, just let the redirect... if it turns out that the official team name includes the word "Team", we can just rename it back and leave "Shenanigans" as a disambiguation page.

Don't call me "Shirley." You will surely make me surly.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• null0trooper
  • Away
  • Old One
  • Old One
More
1 month 2 weeks ago #70051 by null0trooper
null0trooper replied the topic: Wiki Wiki Wiki!

Sir Lee wrote: Regarding the original Malady question... we have a major example of a team page with "Team" on the name, and that is for (drumroll)... Team Kimba.

Also: Team Awesome!, Team Phoenix

Forum-posted ideas are freely adoptable.

WhatIF Stories: Falconer: A Stranger Arrives in Town

Discussion Thread

More
1 month 4 days ago #70157 by Malady
Malady replied the topic: Wiki Wiki Wiki!
Should the "New York" category be renamed to "New York City"? Because there's the state and the city like how with the "Washington" category, which was made to hold the vagues...

More
1 month 4 days ago - 1 month 4 days ago #70160 by Sir Lee
Probably, but you can't simply rename a category -- you have to create a new category and move every entry from the old one to the new one. It's a bot job, essentially. I'll look into it.

(Edit) And... done.

Last Edit: 1 month 4 days ago by Sir Lee.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mister D

More
1 month 22 hours ago #70193 by Valentine
Valentine replied the topic: Wiki Wiki Wiki!
I am wondering what various people think of adding a category or two for the "Age variant" characters? And what a good name for the category or categories might be.

I see two types:
1. The un or slowly aging. Mrs. Carson, Imp, Unverziehen, Generator, and others.
2. Those that have changed age. Eldritch, Ribbon, Hive, Phase, and others.

Don't Drick and Drive.

• null0trooper
  • Away
  • Old One
  • Old One
More
4 weeks 2 days ago #70194 by null0trooper

Valentine wrote: 1. The un or slowly aging. Mrs. Carson, Imp, Unverziehen, Generator, and others.

That seems to apply to many if not most exemplars, avatars, regens, shifters, mages, some warpers and devisors, and all Bloodline and Sidhe.

Valentine wrote: 2. Those that have changed age. Eldritch, Ribbon, Hive, Phase, and others.

That's not as common, (unless you count the many jailbait exemplars) but even then, Trevor Goodkind's growth was as stunted as Jared Sinclair's for a time.

The add-on for intersecting wiki categories doesn't appear to be available, so adding "Younger than they appear" and "Older than they appear" categories might not be very useful.

Discussion Thread

More
4 weeks 2 days ago #70195 by Valentine
Valentine replied the topic: Wiki Wiki Wiki!

null0trooper wrote:

Valentine wrote: 1. The un or slowly aging. Mrs. Carson, Imp, Unverziehen, Generator, and others.

That seems to apply to many if not most exemplars, avatars, regens, shifters, mages, some warpers and devisors, and all Bloodline and Sidhe.

It might be "common” amongst high level Exemplars, and Regens, I don't think it is amongst the others. Mimeo has aged fairly normally. The Sidhe don't count as they are a different species.

null0trooper wrote:

Valentine wrote: 2. Those that have changed age. Eldritch, Ribbon, Hive, Phase, and others.

That's not as common, (unless you count the many jailbait exemplars) but even then, Trevor Goodkind's growth was as stunted as Jared Sinclair's for a time.

Trevor's growth was stunted, not his aging. Jade hasn't entered puberty, Ayla, and Trevor beforehand, had most assuredly entered puberty.

null0trooper wrote: The add-on for intersecting wiki categories doesn't appear to be available, so adding "Younger than they appear" and "Older than they appear" categories might not be very useful.

I brought it up here to see if anyone agreed, and get suggestions. Younger/older isn't as helpful, because it doesn't give the reason. Jade and Alyss both appear younger, but Jade has her body not aging and Ribbon was made younger.

Don't Drick and Drive.

More
4 weeks 2 days ago - 4 weeks 2 days ago #70196 by Sir Lee
I think before implementing that we need to think a bit more about what we are trying to accomplish here, and what would be the use-case of such a category, and exactly what it should cover. For instance, would that include such cases as Tennyo, who is legally younger in order to improve her cover ID but might not have actually been rejuvenated (although in Tennyo's case that might be hard to tell)? Or whatsername, Carson's old friend who spent decades in a parallel dimension where time ran slower? Again, she wasn't actually rejuvenated, but her legal age differs from her physical age.

Last Edit: 4 weeks 2 days ago by Sir Lee.

• null0trooper
  • Away
  • Old One
  • Old One
More
4 weeks 2 days ago #70198 by null0trooper
If we're being asked to come up with a separate category for every reason that a character has a physical age that doesn't match their apparent age or who is aging at a reduced or accelerated rate - which is not going to be apparent over the course of one year unless it's extreme for the setting - I'd have to recommend "no".

In the case of Generator and Phase, and probably Timeless, my interpretation of the published stories is that we do not know the underlying reasons for age mismatches.

Discussion Thread

More
4 weeks 2 days ago #70200 by Malady
Malady replied the topic: Wiki Wiki Wiki!
I've just been informed that this should be deleted from the Wiki, due to the creators not wanting it there anymore.

crystalhall.fandom.com/wiki/File:Kit.png

Moderators: WhateleyAdminKristin DarkenE. E. NalleyelrodwNagrijMageOhkiAstrodragonNeoMagusWarrenMorpheusWasamonsleethrOtherEricBek D CorbinMaLAguASouffle GirlPhoenix SpiritusStarwolfDanZillaKatie_LynMaggie FinsonDrBenderJGBladedancerRenae_Whateley
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds