× Feel free to discuss any typical forums accepted topic here, Whateley or otherwise. Let's avoid the usual suspects: politics, religion, and so forth that tend to result in flame wars and angered forums readers. Other topics will be considered fair game unless they prove to be too volatile, at which point we'll use Devisor created anti-flame chemicals on the subject.

Wiki Wiki Wiki!

More
2 months 12 hours ago #70203 by Valentine
Valentine replied the topic: Wiki Wiki Wiki!
Phase's aging, to 17 years old, is a direct result of administration of the Jobs/Belphegor serum debacle. Prior to that he was small for his age, you wouldn't put Rack on the list because he is small.

And no we don't need a separate category for every reason. Nor do I think we need one for simply legal changes in age, although that might be the simplest to do.

My thoughts were, that like the TGs, there are a sufficiently large number of characters that are not the age they appear, and there should be a way(s) of grouping them.

Don't Drick and Drive.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago - 1 month 3 weeks ago #70229 by Malady
Malady replied the topic: Wiki Wiki Wiki!
Hmm... Have we ever discussed making a "Gen 2 Unknown Class" and "Gen 1 Unknown Class" categories, names subject to change, for more precision for those of Unknown Class?

I was thinking about for Unknown Name and Powers and stuff, but Class is really the only time-dependent category...

Maybe a "Only Name Known" or something, to cut down on the Unknown X categories?

----

Hmmm... Steve or Steven Gevorgian?

whateleyacademy.net/index.php/content_pa...-the-fan-club-part-1
Last Edit: 1 month 3 weeks ago by Malady.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #70230 by null0trooper
null0trooper replied the topic: Wiki Wiki Wiki!

Malady wrote: Hmm... Have we ever discussed making a "Gen 2 Unknown Class" and "Gen 1 Unknown Class" categories, names subject to change, for more precision for those of Unknown Class?

We have the Gen 1 and Gen 2 categories, and the characters' appearances/mentions are often given. The latter should be a good indicator for Gen 0, 1, or 2, and long-lived combinations (Mystic Six)

Malady wrote: Hmmm... Steve or Steven Gevorgian?

He introduces himself as "Steve Gevorgian" in IDTWIKA, Part 6
Although he also talks in Laura and the Fan Club, Parts 1 and 2

Forum-posted ideas are freely adoptable.

WhatIF Stories: Falconer: A Stranger Arrives in Town

Discussion Thread

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #70232 by Malady
Cyberscarab, Cyber-scarab, or Cyber-Scarab??

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #70234 by null0trooper
null0trooper replied the topic: Wiki Wiki Wiki!

Malady wrote: Cyberscarab, Cyber-scarab, or Cyber-Scarab??

First mention: "Have Yourself an EVIL Little Christmas", Part 2 as Cyber-Scarab (2009)
(Similar capitalization to Techno-Demon, Techno-Devil, She-Beast)

Next mention: "As Beauty Does" as Cyber-scarab (2015)

I'm leaning toward the second being a minor typo.

Forum-posted ideas are freely adoptable.

WhatIF Stories: Falconer: A Stranger Arrives in Town

Discussion Thread

More
1 month 2 weeks ago - 1 month 2 weeks ago #70324 by Malady
Hmm... Any reason we / the bot, can't / shouldn't remove people from redundant categories?

Like, if they're in the Classes of 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2013.

Then they're automatically Gen1 and Students, and should be removed from those?
Last Edit: 1 month 2 weeks ago by Malady.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #70325 by Sir Lee
Sir Lee replied the topic: Wiki Wiki Wiki!
It's possible, sure. I'm not sold that it would be desirable, however.
Thing is, being redundant does not mean that the broader category is useless. Sure, if you search for "Students" it will list the "Class of 20xx" as subcategories (or at least it should) -- but not their members all together in a single list, which might be what you were going for.

Don't call me "Shirley." You will surely make me surly.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago - 1 month 2 weeks ago #70328 by Malady
So, you're saying if I wanted someone of Unknown Class but still in Gen 2, and someone of the Class of 2020 in the same list, that's what the Gen2 category is good for?

I'd say that's more of an argument for making an "Unknown Class of Gen2" category, but okay...

Category: Students, though, right now has ~1000 people. So, I'm having a hard time thinking what hypothetical searcher would find that useful, that couldn't be served by opening up two different categories and comparing them or something instead.
Last Edit: 1 month 2 weeks ago by Malady.

More
1 month 1 week ago #70349 by Sir Lee
Sir Lee replied the topic: Wiki Wiki Wiki!
You do have a point, I'm just saying let's not be hasty and think a bit about the possible use cases.

Don't call me "Shirley." You will surely make me surly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Malady

More
1 month 1 week ago #70382 by Malady
^ - Agreed. ... So, anyone else got an opinion?

----

Picture delete requests... Or do you want the creators themselves to PM you, instead of talking through me?

crystalhall.fandom.com/wiki/File:Inaba_on_the_Catalina.png

crystalhall.fandom.com/wiki/File:Kit.png

Moderators: WhateleyAdminKristin DarkenE. E. NalleyelrodwNagrijMageOhkiAstrodragonNeoMagusWarrenMorpheusWasamonsleethrOtherEricBek D CorbinMaLAguASouffle GirlPhoenix SpiritusStarwolfDanZillaKatie_LynMaggie FinsonDrBenderJGBladedancerRenae_Whateley
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds