× Please remember that experience is relative. Just because you aren't a completely new author doesn't convey a right to throw around the weight of your experience as if you are Stephen King, Jim Butcher, or Brandon Sanderson. Unless you ARE Stephen King, Jim Butcher, or Brandon Sanderson... in which case, go for it. :)

Posting rules: Any registered member can create or reply to a thread.

Useful software

More
2 years 2 months ago #55996 by NJM1564
NJM1564 replied the topic: Useful software
Titan Icon. "A freestanding executable file created by Codewalker which allows people to access the character creation module of City of Heroes and to be able to enter and view the maps of City of Heroes."

City of Heroes as some might know was a MMORPG that let players play as heroes and villeins. It is not worthy for many things amongst them being a very robust character creation tool with a vast array of costume options. While it's from a game that's over 10 years old and it shows should be useful for creating replicas of beloved characters and designing and inspiring new ones.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 months 2 weeks ago #67293 by JulesMorrison
JulesMorrison replied the topic: Useful software
I'm getting a lot of productive use out of Draft which is a paid (but inexpensive) minimalist markdown editor. I like the ability to mark drafts and scan back through them seeing the differences, sometimes I resurrect portions of text I had already deleted. I like that I can use it as easily on my tablet and computer, even on my phone. I like that it's continuous save like Google docs, but that the "save" key combo actually creates a marked draft revision. It handles disconnect by becoming read only until the line is back up, but doesn't lose changes. You can create directories for books and add files for chapters. It's simple and reliable and because it costs, you are the customer, not the product.

More
6 months 3 weeks ago #68220 by Sir Lee
Sir Lee replied the topic: Useful software
If you use Jarte (a simple word processor with minimal distraction features) for writing... I have good and bad news.
First, the good: Jarte Plus, a version with a few extra features, is now free. In fact, only the "Plus" version is available for download from the official site.
Then, the bad: that happened because the company is essentially dropping the product. Support is no longer available, and no further development of the product is planned.
The lateste (last?) version available is 6.2, which is just shy of two years old.

Don't call me "Shirley." You will surely make me surly.

More
6 months 3 weeks ago #68221 by Mister D
Mister D replied the topic: Useful software

Sir Lee wrote: If you use Jarte (a simple word processor with minimal distraction features) for writing... I have good and bad news.
First, the good: Jarte Plus, a version with a few extra features, is now free. In fact, only the "Plus" version is available for download from the official site.
Then, the bad: that happened because the company is essentially dropping the product. Support is no longer available, and no further development of the product is planned.
The lateste (last?) version available is 6.2, which is just shy of two years old.

If you're an existing customer, then it might be worth checking out if the company wants to follow the Blender route, and Open-Source the software.

Measure Twice

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #69387 by Sir Lee
Sir Lee replied the topic: Useful software
A frew products I was made aware of by a recent "2020 best free software" article on PCmag.com:

Don't call me "Shirley." You will surely make me surly.

Moderators: WhateleyAdminKristin DarkenE. E. NalleyelrodwNagrijMageOhkiAstrodragonNeoMagusWarrenMorpheusWasamonsleethrOtherEricBek D CorbinMaLAguASouffle GirlPhoenix SpiritusStarwolfDanZillaKatie_LynMaggie FinsonDrBenderJGBladedancerRenae_Whateley
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds