× Similar to the main general chat... but let's keep this limited to topics directly relating to writing and Independent Fiction.

Posting rules: Any registered member can create or post to a thread.

The Micro-Scenes Discussion thread

• null0trooper
  • Away
  • Old One
  • Old One
More
3 years 10 months ago #26885 by null0trooper
null0trooper replied the topic: The Micro-Scenes Discussion thread
Metro and Valravn are mcguffined in from Shadowrun's metaplane as a young, unhinged, Chaos magician and his pacted spirit, so disaster was indeed inevitable. It was just a matter of which little details could lead to one, this time.

Gotta love those precogs, even if no one ever listens!

I agree that Magical Theory lab should be amusing. Doesn't Belle TA some classes? :whistle:

Forum-posted ideas are freely adoptable.

WhatIF Stories: Falconer: A Stranger Arrives in Town

Discussion Thread
The following user(s) said Thank You: Malady

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 10 months ago #26893 by Domoviye
Domoviye replied the topic: The Micro-Scenes Discussion thread

Malady wrote: @Domoviye: So Mindy can make a reversible Lobotomizer gun... That sounds like it could have possible medical applications... But, Devises and all that...

"Y-you just took a missile to the face!"

LOL!

Abby... Is that Miss Powerful? Hmm... No, perhaps that girl whose dad had her help do demining operations 'cause she's so invulnerable. IIRC, Miss Powerful is always called that, so it's likely not her?

Mindy's in a Man suit or something?

The lobotomizer isn't reversable, she's just going to reprogram the teachers brain.

Abby is the little girl who thinks demining a field by running around is fun and can break bricks with her face.
And if you've ever watched Pinky and the Brain, you've seen Mindy's suit. Just make it a little more high tech, evil looking, throw on some missiles and add a helmet.

More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #27007 by Malady
Malady replied the topic: The Micro-Scenes Discussion thread
Yay! The Fairy Insult Counter-strike with Real Fairies idea has been written! Yay! ... I need a better title.

whateleyacademy.net/index.php/forum/spec...yda-10?start=0#26886 :

Malady wrote: "Fairy" seems soo weird as an insult to gays, with the Sidhe about... Hmm... Perhaps Tink or some or some fairy like Absinthe or some other Sidhe might be insulted with their Species being denigrated in that manner... A Micro-Scene to think about, anyway. Or one of the Twisted Triplets...

Cause this is gonna be long [ Click to expand ]

Hmm... Maybe I'll make more deep-reviews, spread the love around...
Last Edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Malady.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Domoviye

More
3 years 10 months ago #27085 by Malady
@Valentine - Lol! ... When it got to the pans, I thought the same as Nikki. Wow. JJ is such a ditz!

• null0trooper
  • Away
  • Old One
  • Old One
More
3 years 10 months ago #27126 by null0trooper
null0trooper replied the topic: The Micro-Scenes Discussion thread
Long for a "micro" format, but committing the scene to electrons in the hopes of short-circuiting a chain of thought running through cats > accidental magic > blood magic > blood steel > devisor tech > mass-marketed hygiene products.

Forum-posted ideas are freely adoptable.

WhatIF Stories: Falconer: A Stranger Arrives in Town

Discussion Thread
The following user(s) said Thank You: Schol-R-LEA, Malady

More
3 years 10 months ago #27193 by mhalpern
mhalpern replied the topic: The Micro-Scenes Discussion thread
All I have to say about that first part of the extra long micro scene, you forgot the phrase "in big friendly letters"

Any Bad Ideas I have and microscene OC character stories are freely adoptable.
The following user(s) said Thank You: null0trooper

More
3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #27577 by Malady
EGS! ... Mirror Touch Trigger Dual Form, interesting!

There's a few typos, list not exhaustive... Just found these by tossing into Microsoft Word and running Spellcheck...:

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
Last Edit: 3 years 9 months ago by Malady.

More
3 years 9 months ago #27619 by Cryptic
Cryptic replied the topic: The Micro-Scenes Discussion thread
Yup, EGS, very much a junkie. Hmm, that reminds me I wanted to write in a GSD girl with an anthro-Jeremy form sort of like the Susan-Jeremy form pin up he did a bit back.

I haven't fully worked out Jess's abilities, but I tend to think of the effect like a Snapchat filter. But full body instead of overlaying new features over the face. Not sure if he just has the girl form, or if he'll be able to get other forms... Ooo! good place for the Jeremy form! So yes, he can get new forms! Gonna have to make him an EGS fan! Just don't know if her new forms will have powers or not yet.

I am a caffeine heathen; I prefer the waters of the mountain over the juice of the bean. Keep the Dews coming and no one will be hurt.

More
3 years 9 months ago #27623 by Malady

Cryptic wrote: Gonna have to make him an EGS fan!

Well, you've got companions for fandom-inspired powersets in Tifa Lock and the other Final Fantasy people.

Lady Lightning Fangirl as well, come to think of it. ... And if Quantum Suicides powersets are similar in the right places, there's gonna be a girl/lady who cribbed her magic system from a video game! Which I find AWESOME! :)

... That Magic Devisor in comparison to Tech Devisor doesn't sound too silly to me, if your magic system is well-defined as stuff, then you could make it work? Like Mage: The Ascension / Genius: The Trangression / World of Darkness, any system that's self-consistent and stuff might work. There's the Sidhe system, and the other human magic types. Threefold Return isn't a constant and stuff.

More
3 years 9 months ago #27625 by Cryptic
Cryptic replied the topic: The Micro-Scenes Discussion thread
Like I said, not sure what exactly the cause of her powers are yet.

-wrinkles nose in disgust- Why is it so darn hard to find the Susan in Jeremy form wallpaper? I used to have it some where, but I can't find it on my back ups at the moment or on line.

I am a caffeine heathen; I prefer the waters of the mountain over the juice of the bean. Keep the Dews coming and no one will be hurt.

Moderators: WhateleyAdminKristin DarkenE. E. NalleyelrodwNagrijMageOhkiAstrodragonNeoMagusWarrenMorpheusWasamonsleethrOtherEricBek D CorbinMaLAguASouffle GirlPhoenix SpiritusStarwolfDanZillaKatie_LynMaggie FinsonDrBenderJGBladedancerRenae_Whateley
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds