× Similar to the main general chat... but let's keep this limited to topics directly relating to writing and Independent Fiction.

Posting rules: Any registered member can create or post to a thread.

The Micro-Scenes thread

More
3 years 2 months ago #46708 by Domoviye
Domoviye replied the topic: The Micro-Scenes thread
Whitman Cottage 2016, late fall

Mrs Savage looked over the very short email a third time as she waited for the new student. There was virtually no information except that the girl, named Cherry was a Freshman Energizer with a PK field. They had even gotten the age wrong, claiming she was five years old.

The door suddenly blew open and a purple haired fairy came flying in like a bat out of hell.

"Teri!" Mrs Savage exclaimed. "What a... Pleasant surprise. What are you doing back here?"

The fairy stopped and stared at her for a moment before breaking into a grin. "Hi! You must be Mrs. Savage. Mom has told me all about you! And I'm Cherry. Teri is my mom slash clone."

"Uh," Mrs. Savage said.

"Yeah, just after mom left Whateley she laid an egg and three months later I popped out with all the basic memories! I'm five years old and going to high school already."

"Oh. Joy."

Sparks suddenly shot out from Cherry's head. "Mom said you'd say that. Don't worry I'm not as fast as she is, instead I got these cool electricity powers!"

"I'm so glad to hear that," Mrs. Savage said.

"My sister Jeri is hoping she'll get fire powers. And Rosemary wants probability powers. And Carrie can't decide if she wants super strength or to be a wiz."

"Just how many sisters do you have?"

"Right now just four, but the newest egg should hatch any day now. Mom lays one egg a year."

Mrs. Savage excused herself for a moment to go to her apartment. Pulling out a large bottlE of gin she took a large gulp straight from the bottle and took a moment to compose herself. Taking a pad of paper out of the drawer she began writing her resignation letter.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreamer, Sir Lee, Schol-R-LEA, Yolandria, Phoenix Spiritus, Kettlekorn, Malady, Valentine, mhalpern, null0trooper, Katssun

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #46743 by Domoviye
Domoviye replied the topic: The Micro-Scenes thread
"I don't like your face, dickweed."

Derek looked up at the teenager who was at least a head taller and a hundred pounds heavier than he was. From the bruises on his knuckles the older boy was used to fighting. Still, despite being maybe 140 pounds wet and being little more than skin and bones he smiled.

"You have a problem with my face. How about this one?" Using his hands he stretched back his lips forcing his jaw to open impossibly wide. With a slurping, sucking sound his head slid down to his neck, revealing a mucus covered green face that began to inflate. Fangs easily five inches long erupted out of his gums, spikes popped out of his flesh like zits, almost randomly across his face. His brilliant yellow eyes were bloodshot, staring hungrily at the teeager. A lamprey like tongue jerked out of his mouth smelling prey.

"How do you like this face, dickweed?" Derek asked.
Last Edit: 3 years 2 months ago by Domoviye.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreamer, Kettlekorn

More
3 years 2 months ago #46747 by NJM1564
NJM1564 replied the topic: The Micro-Scenes thread

Domoviye wrote: "I don't like your face, dickweed."

Derek looked up at the teenager who was at least a head taller and a hundred pounds heavier than he was. From the bruises on his knuckles the older boy was used to fighting. Still, despite being maybe 140 pounds wet and being little more than skin and bones he smiled.

"You have a problem with my face. How about this one?" Using his hands he stretched back his lips forcing his jaw to open impossibly wide. With a slurping, sucking sound his head slid down to his neck, revealing a mucus covered green face that began to inflate. Fangs easily five inches long erupted out of his gums, spikes popped out of his flesh like zits, almost randomly across his face. His brilliant yellow eyes were bloodshot, staring hungrily at the teeager. A lamprey like tongue jerked out of his mouth smelling prey.

"How do you like this face, dickweed?" Derek asked.

The taller boy starred ad Derek with a strange expression on his face. Thin suddenly hearts appeared in his eyes and faster that most could fallow shoved his tongue down Dreks throat.
"Dammit Derek you know better than to do that in public. It took a week to dislodge the last one."
Derek mumbled an apology.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Domoviye, Malady

More
3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #46754 by Bek D Corbin
Bek D Corbin replied the topic: The Micro-Scenes thread
DEAR ABBY,

When is it okay to sabotage your Mad Scientist father's emergency escape teleport booth, so that he merges genetically with a common cockroach?

signed

Not A Guinea Pig
Last Edit: 3 years 2 months ago by Bek D Corbin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreamer, Domoviye, Malady, null0trooper, Katssun, E!

More
3 years 2 months ago #46756 by null0trooper
null0trooper replied the topic: The Micro-Scenes thread
Dear Guinea Pig,

A prudently risk-averse, dare I say even "paranoid", Mad Scientist can be expected to "gallantly" allow his tragically beautiful daughter to escape first with her good-for-nothing Significant Other, followed by his dutiful guinea pig lab assistant. This just happens to be sufficient to sweep even Giz-PortamaticTM booths clean of vermin.

According to some reports, one might consider dropping a force-hibernated member of Periplaneta sp. into the offending employer's mane on your way out via a different exit. It is not advised that you return to salvage the property, but you should know this already.

Forum-posted ideas are freely adoptable.

WhatIF Stories: Falconer: A Stranger Arrives in Town

Discussion Thread
The following user(s) said Thank You: Domoviye

• Schol-R-LEA
  • Away
  • Servitor
  • Servitor
More
3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #46759 by Schol-R-LEA
Schol-R-LEA replied the topic: The Micro-Scenes thread
Karen Hillbrad gave a look of disgust at her friend Melanie Chylds, sitting in the dirt outside Range Four where her Aunt Cait had unceremoniously dumped her.

"Jeez, Mel-Mel! What the hell were you thinking!"

"I wanted to see the barrel better..."

"By looking into it?" Karen cried, gaping in disbelief at this. And they call us Poesies crazy. This was dumber than anything she'd done herself, even back when testosterone poisoning was messing her up.

"Give it a rest, Kar, she's not a military brat like you," interjected Jilly, who was walking towards them from the direction of the cottage she and Karen both lived in. "Reckless Melly at it again, huh? If I hadn't seen it with my own mind, I wouldna thought even you'd do something that dumb. That's worse'n the time we went caving in Sector 22," she added, remembering all too well the ass-chewing she, Mel, and Jazz got over that bone-headed stunt.

Out, damnéd Spot! Bad Doggy!
Last Edit: 3 years 2 months ago by Schol-R-LEA.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreamer, Malady

• Schol-R-LEA
  • Away
  • Servitor
  • Servitor
More
3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #46760 by Schol-R-LEA
March was startled out of her reverie by the arrival of Paladin Wallace and the odd robed figures of Melva Kingman and her acolytes. She sat up straight out of habit, before she remembered that she was a prisoner - not even a prisoner, a mutant, one of the poor devolved creatures left by the Great War, less than human.

"Well, rested, I hope," Wallace sneered. "Despite what has happened to you, I think that we can, ah, overlook some issues with you for now, provided you help us. Precentor Kingman has been telling me of the rather remarkable technical achievements of her world, and we have agreed that, in the interest of Humanity in both of our universes, we can arrange a transfer of knowledge and equipment."

Pausing briefly, he continued, "It seems that in her world, they have developed powerful bots..."

"BattleMechs," Kingman corrected.

"Yes, BattleMechs. They have built and fielded vast armies of these BattleMechs, and the faith she represents, the Word of Blake, just retook Earth itself from heretics who had turned against their beliefs. She has assured me that, if you can build a large enough portal, she can order through several, uhm, Lances?"

Kingsman nodded, so Wallace went on. "Yes, lances of these mechs and other powerful weapons that have no equivalent in our world. In return, we - you - will tell them all you can about this portal of yours."

The following user(s) said Thank You: Domoviye

More
3 years 2 months ago #46770 by Kaitha39
Kaitha39 replied the topic: The Micro-Scenes thread
Doyle Medical Room 210
Friday afternoon, 4:20

Sarah lay on the bed, trying her best to rest, despite the pain in her foot. It was annoying, in that she both tried to focus and not focus on it. She didn't want to acknowledge it because, oh hey, pain. Pain is bad. But on the other hand, it was the only thing she had to distract herself from both the boringness of the ceiling and from her regret/shame that she'd chosen to attack the boy there.

One year spent mostly as a girl couldn't override the other thirteen years of being told not hit another guy in the junk, or of remembering just how much it bloody well hurt to be hit there.

Also, the satisfaction of seeing the "face of ultimate pain" on that dickhead Aegis wasn't enough to let her forget how monumentally stupid it is to use hollow-boned legs to kick with. Next time, she thought, she'd have to shift out of whatever form she was using for her flying practice, and into something actually built to fight with. It surely wasn't that hard a thing to remember: Sarah knew she couldn't shift a limb that was injured, and besides, walking around as a mix of a raven and a human wasn't all that practical when she wasn't trying to fly.

It hadn't even been worth it, really. She might have been able to take the would-be hero out before his stupid delusional ranting about villains made her cottage mate explode into "her bad crazy place", but she'd snapped her shin bone doing so. And though she'd effectively ended the confrontation, it hadn't even helped, since that bastard Thud had taken advantage of the distraction her low-blow created and jumped Aegis, stomping him into the ground and throwing his body at the little kid. And THAT had been enough to set her off.

Still, at least the midget rager had ignored her to attack the boys. Well, the other boys, though it'd been at least a few months since she'd shifted back to any form resembling that weakling Reece. Variable Template Shifting was exceptionally handy like that, even if she had enough form viability to experience first hand the monthly downside of being a girl.
Still, she hoped to be able to learn to recognise it before her period started. Just like she couldn't pull her attention to the broken bone to shift it out, she found that those "delightful few days" meant she was effectively form locked for the duration.
And on the other hand, it certainly made it easier to stay in Dickinson, where she got to shower with exemplar hotties and live full time as a girl, without worrying if tonight was the night her secret got found out. She'd never felt so good about getting arrested than after the first night on campus, seeing the relative sanctuary in a simple cottage dorm. She was just managing to lose herself, and more importantly, her pain to the memories of the simple joy of a movie night sleepover when the door opened, revealing her flying practice partner.

"So... Mrs Hair lady tells me you broke your foot kicking some poopyhead in the junk?"

Any stories or Characters I put out are available to write around. Feel free to borrow them!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreamer, Domoviye, Malady, null0trooper, Katssun

• Schol-R-LEA
  • Away
  • Servitor
  • Servitor
More
3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #46772 by Schol-R-LEA
"Damn it Randi, pay attention! Were you listening to anything I just said?" an exasperated Metro growled.

Seeing Spindrifter making eyes at Aegis again, both Valravn and Jump rolled their own. What is with her and hero types, anyway? For a self-declared 'evil sorceress', she seems to have an overly-romantic taste for the "belligerent sexual tension" thing. Of course, that's assuming what she said about her past was true, which, well, for anyone other than the three at the table with her, it might have seemed a bit of a stretch. As it was, Thomas had to warn her not to talk about at least one other universe she'd been to in front of Ayla.

200 years old and still a star-eyed teenager was the thought going through all their minds as she continued to pine over that idiot.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreamer, Domoviye, Malady

More
3 years 2 months ago #46792 by Kaitha39
Kaitha39 replied the topic: The Micro-Scenes thread
Devisor tunnels, main chemistry workshop
Saturday afternoon,

As Ceilidh looked around the laboratory from the safety-box, she was a bit awestruck at all the numerous paraphernalia, the numerous test tubes and fume hoods stood over most of the desk, as her step-cousin went to work filling tubes from nothing, then placing them into a chilled workstation where he could use waldos to move the tubes together. He clearly would have preferred to just hold them himself, but he only had two hands, and the crutches he needed to stand with wouldn't hold themselves.

"But Steven, what are we doing here?"

"I told you Ceilidh, I'm about to make the most revolutionary breakthrough in the history of chemistry! If I get this right, I'll be able to make room temperature superconductors at a fraction of the cost your uncle does. And when Mum sees me using my powers for more than just.. you know, that, then she'll have to take me back!"

"But what do you need me here for? You've got the waldos. You're not even asking me to move stuff for you. And why am I behind all this glass, while you're over there?"

"Um... well, that's the safety glass box. Technically I should be behind it too, but unlike the real devisors, I need to be hand-on with my materials. The lab supervisors set it up so we could have a healer on hand if things... um... if this doesn't go right, and you don't heal me within a minute, then... Well, to put it one way, at least Eddie won't be able to give me shit about only being on crutches while he's in the full chair..."

He saw his step-cousins look of disapproval, the kind of pout that only an eight-year-old girl can REALLY achieve, and quickly backpedalled.
"It's too costly to do this with real materials if it doesn't work, so I'm manifesting the precursors. When I repeat this with independent materials for the gadgeteering, I'll be behind it, I promise!"

"If I have to heal you for this, I'm telling Leanna." She thought for a minute before adding "Also Daddy. Daddy first. And Uncle Robert, regardless of whether it works."

Any stories or Characters I put out are available to write around. Feel free to borrow them!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreamer, Domoviye, Malady, null0trooper

Moderators: WhateleyAdminKristin DarkenE. E. NalleyelrodwNagrijMageOhkiAstrodragonNeoMagusWarrenMorpheusWasamonsleethrOtherEricBek D CorbinMaLAguASouffle GirlPhoenix SpiritusStarwolfDanZillaKatie_LynMaggie FinsonDrBenderJGBladedancerRenae_Whateley
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds