× Similar to the main general chat... but let's keep this limited to topics directly relating to writing and Independent Fiction.

Posting rules: Any registered member can create or post to a thread.

The Micro-Scenes Discussion thread

More
1 year 5 months ago #63525 by Cryptic
Cryptic replied the topic: The Micro-Scenes Discussion thread

Sir Lee wrote: Which sort? "Inability to spell" like making your word processor metaphorically throw up its hands in disgust, or "Inability to spell" as in being a magic null?

My spell check throws up its metaphorical hands shouting "What are you trying to say??"

I am a caffeine heathen; I prefer the waters of the mountain over the juice of the bean. Keep the Dews coming and no one will be hurt.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Astrodragon
  • Away
  • Author
  • Author
More
1 year 5 months ago #63529 by Astrodragon
Astrodragon replied the topic: The Micro-Scenes Discussion thread
I think it's most unfair not to allow word processors to attend the magic course.

I love watching their innocent little faces smiling happily as they trip gaily down the garden path, before finding the pit with the rusty spikes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Malady

More
1 year 5 months ago #63714 by null0trooper
null0trooper replied the topic: The Micro-Scenes Discussion thread
@Schol-R-LEA. IIRC, one of the more dangerous aspects of Ares, Aphrodite, and Dionysus was that they could take possession of mortals (a convenient explanation for madness).

Then again, Destruction, Desire, and Delerium of the Endless weren't goodly ones to cross either.

Forum-posted ideas are freely adoptable.

WhatIF Stories: Dream A Little Dream For Me

Discussion Thread
The following user(s) said Thank You: Schol-R-LEA

More
1 year 5 months ago #63727 by Sir Lee
Sir Lee replied the topic: The Micro-Scenes Discussion thread
Is crossing ANY of the Endless EVER a good idea? Or any god-level being, for that matter?

Don't call me "Shirley." You will surely make me surly.

More
1 year 5 months ago - 1 year 5 months ago #63735 by Anne
Anne replied the topic: The Micro-Scenes Discussion thread
That is pretty much a given isn't it? That you avoid pissing in the Cheerios® of beings who can carry off at least the image of major power?
Last Edit: 1 year 5 months ago by Anne.

More
1 year 5 months ago #63792 by Malady
Malady replied the topic: The Micro-Scenes Discussion thread
Betting that when we see Scapegrace in Magic classes, we'll get an explanation on why we haven't seen the Rose system until now.

More
1 year 5 months ago #63810 by XaltatunOfAcheron
XaltatunOfAcheron replied the topic: The Micro-Scenes Discussion thread
Gormless and feckless, eh? That's almost as good as being ruthless.

More
1 year 5 months ago #63825 by Katssun
Katssun replied the topic: The Micro-Scenes Discussion thread

XaltatunOfAcheron wrote: Gormless and feckless, eh? That's almost as good as being ruthless.

The Masterminds must never turn away any of those, lest their reputation suffer.

More
1 year 5 months ago #63870 by NJM1564
NJM1564 replied the topic: The Micro-Scenes Discussion thread

Sir Lee wrote: The FSA evaluating board looked at the two freshmen applicants.
"What are your codenames and powers, guys?"
"I'm Gorm. I have very good senses, can go one week without sleep and don't get distracted easily."
"I'm Feck. I can increase the efficiency of chemical reactions."
"I see. Those are... interesting powers, but not really combat geared. I suppose they would be useful for a watchman or a chemical industry, but as far as superheroing go... sorry, guys."
"Wait, we know our powers are not that impressive, but you really should sign us up."
"Why?"
"Because without us, you will be gormless and feckless."

So a ultamat surveillance guy and someone who should never be allowed around explosives and can rust out a lock in seconds. Not powerful but so useful.

More
1 year 5 months ago #63902 by Cryptic
Cryptic replied the topic: The Micro-Scenes Discussion thread
I had to laugh yesterday as I had just read the feckless/gornless scene when I heard gornless used on tv.

I am a caffeine heathen; I prefer the waters of the mountain over the juice of the bean. Keep the Dews coming and no one will be hurt.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Malady

Moderators: WhateleyAdminKristin DarkenE. E. NalleyelrodwNagrijMageOhkiAstrodragonNeoMagusWarrenMorpheusWasamonsleethrOtherEricBek D CorbinMaLAguASouffle GirlPhoenix SpiritusStarwolfDanZillaKatie_LynMaggie FinsonDrBenderJGBladedancerRenae_Whateley
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds