× Similar to the main general chat... but let's keep this limited to topics directly relating to writing and Independent Fiction.

Posting rules: Any registered member can create or post to a thread.

The Micro-Scenes Discussion thread

More
7 months 5 days ago - 6 months 4 weeks ago #67723 by Schol-R-LEA
Schol-R-LEA replied the topic: The Micro-Scenes Discussion thread
I will note that in my micro, both Randi and Kolla immediately moved to defend themselves, thinking that the other one was there to attack them. I wonder what could give that impression.... it's almost as if there was some big misunderstanding or something.

Spindrifter has met Kolla, and vice versa... but did they meet each other? Randi is a dimension traveler. From the same continuity as America, keep in mind, in a multiverse where alternate histories abound. Hmmmn....

Regarding the other micro, you will note that I did not mention someone whose initials are S.P. by name. After all, there's no specific reason why any given person who is prominent in our world would be in the WU, even if there has been a lot of overlap so far. I do recall it being stated by one of CC (TINCC) that the 2008 election went differently from in our world, and IIRC it was even mentioned that neither Obama nor McCain were the front runners that year; presumably, the 2012 elections were even further removed from those IRL.

For that matter, there's no real reason why earlier elections couldn't have been different, even if the overall outcomes were the same; imagine if, for example, the 1976 Carter/Mondale ticket had been Carter/Brown instead (not entirely implausible in a world where the Space Shuttle was ready for its first launch in late 1975 ), or if Dole had to drop out after being injured by a faulty devise leading to Forbes winning the 1996 GOP primaries.

Out, damnéd Spot! Bad Doggy!
Last Edit: 6 months 4 weeks ago by Schol-R-LEA.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 months 14 hours ago #67781 by null0trooper
null0trooper replied the topic: The Micro-Scenes Discussion thread
This scene should leave plenty of room for Kolla's, Marandi's, or others' bosses to move forward if desired. It also explains exactly what the Dead Poet was being blamed for back in "Chewing Through The Straps".

Forum-posted ideas are freely adoptable.

WhatIF Stories: Dream A Little Dream For Me

Discussion Thread

More
7 months 12 hours ago #67789 by Erianaiel
Erianaiel replied the topic: The Micro-Scenes Discussion thread

Schol-R-LEA wrote: Well, stranger things have happened involving pancakes in this thread.

Nothing is as strange as 'It's pancake day'

More
7 months 1 hour ago #67799 by null0trooper
Floating a trial balloon .

Discussion Thread

More
6 months 4 weeks ago #67804 by Malady
Malady replied the topic: The Micro-Scenes Discussion thread
Oooh! Aliens looking at humanity! Cool!

More
6 months 4 weeks ago #67805 by null0trooper

Malady wrote: Oooh! Aliens looking at humanity! Cool!

Just ordinary folks who've figured out that it's easier to use subspace-routed telepresence for exploration and observation, and save the gates and/or FTL drives for commerce and other important stuff.

Discussion Thread

More
6 months 4 weeks ago - 6 months 4 weeks ago #67808 by Schol-R-LEA
Did 'Jareth' pretend to be a singing Faerie lord in front of some angry humans, by any chance?

More
6 months 4 weeks ago #67809 by null0trooper

Schol-R-LEA wrote: Did 'Jareth' pretend to be a singing Faerie lord in front of some angry humans, by any chance?

Public indecency, intoxicating drink, and something about a worm may have been involved in the indigenous ritual called a "double dog dare", which we are reliably informed does not, and more importantly should not, involve canines of any sort.

Discussion Thread

More
6 months 4 weeks ago - 6 months 4 weeks ago #67814 by Schol-R-LEA

null0trooper wrote:

Schol-R-LEA wrote: Did 'Jareth' pretend to be a singing Faerie lord in front of some angry humans, by any chance?

Public indecency, intoxicating drink, and something about a worm may have been involved in the indigenous ritual called a "double dog dare", which we are reliably informed does not, and more importantly should not, involve canines of any sort.

Damn, and here I was hoping to learn that Ziggy Stardust was autobiographical.

• E. E. Nalley
  • Author
  • Author
  • Captain Sea Horse
More
5 months 3 weeks ago #68144 by E. E. Nalley
E. E. Nalley replied the topic: The Micro-Scenes Discussion thread
And just like that, Professor Tolkien had to write a multi-book epic for no reason what so ever. That's all I have to say about that. ;)

Other than well played!

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.
Thomas Jefferson, to Archibald Stuart, 1791
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anne

Moderators: WhateleyAdminKristin DarkenE. E. NalleyelrodwNagrijMageOhkiAstrodragonNeoMagusWarrenMorpheusWasamonsleethrOtherEricBek D CorbinMaLAguASouffle GirlPhoenix SpiritusStarwolfDanZillaKatie_LynMaggie FinsonDrBenderJGBladedancerRenae_Whateley
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds