× Similar to the main general chat... but let's keep this limited to topics directly relating to writing and Independent Fiction.

Posting rules: Any registered member can create or post to a thread.

The Micro-Scenes Discussion thread

More
5 months 3 weeks ago #68151 by Anne
Anne replied the topic: The Micro-Scenes Discussion thread

null0trooper wrote: Floating a trial balloon .

How come, is it, that I suspect that someone is going to get stuck on Earth... And what did she have to do with the truck? Or was it just sort of Deus ex Machina?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 months 3 weeks ago #68152 by null0trooper
null0trooper replied the topic: The Micro-Scenes Discussion thread

Anne wrote:

How come, is it, that I suspect that someone is going to get stuck on Earth... And what did she have to do with the truck? Or was it just sort of Deus ex Machina?

I think you missed a key word: "telemetry".

Leleth has nothing to do with the truck, although it could be used to ease her research committee into discussion of just how primitive this culture is. It's never a good sign when your advisor's review comments start with "Sure. Now you're just screwing with me."

Deus ex Machina ? Haven't we cured you of excessive optimism yet?

Forum-posted ideas are freely adoptable.

WhatIF Stories: Dream A Little Dream For Me

Discussion Thread
The following user(s) said Thank You: Malady

More
5 months 3 weeks ago #68154 by Anne

null0trooper wrote:

Anne wrote:

Leleth has nothing to do with the truck, although it could be used to ease her research committee into discussion of just how primitive this culture is. It's never a good sign when your advisor's review comments start with "Sure. Now you're just screwing with me."

I don't think I missed the word experimental in the description of what was being attempted. Me an optimist? The one who thinks that the machine that sent Leleth there will malfunction? The one who thinks that our young man (who was evidently manifesting) is maybe like a tar-baby.....? Do you have me confused with someone else?

More
5 months 3 weeks ago #68155 by null0trooper

Anne wrote:

null0trooper wrote:

Anne wrote:

I don't think I missed the word experimental in the description of what was being attempted. Me an optimist? The one who thinks that the machine that sent Leleth there will malfunction? The one who thinks that our young man (who was evidently manifesting) is maybe like a tar-baby.....? Do you have me confused with someone else?

A Deus ex Machina is supposed to make everything better. (I looked it up, and for some reason "Rocks fall; everybody dies." doesn't count anymore - like the time the GM chucked a solid tungsten telephone pole at my character's head. From orbit.)

Discussion Thread

More
5 months 3 weeks ago #68156 by Anne

A Deus ex Machina is supposed to make everything better. (I looked it up, and for some reason "Rocks fall; everybody dies." doesn't count anymore - like the time the GM chucked a solid tungsten telephone pole at my character's head. From orbit.)

Ah, then what do we now call it when a dickheaded god decides to mess with someone's life?

More
5 months 3 weeks ago #68157 by null0trooper

Anne wrote:

Ah, then what do we now call it when a dickheaded god decides to mess with someone's life?

Diabolus Ex Machina

Discussion Thread

More
5 months 3 weeks ago #68158 by Anne

null0trooper wrote:

Anne wrote:

Diabolus Ex Machina

Or at least Demonus En Machina..

More
5 months 1 week ago #68243 by null0trooper
I was wondering when someone would remember Miss Mason. She probably teaches the only mathematics course that would require Kayda to crack open a book... after drafting a suitable set of wards.

Discussion Thread
The following user(s) said Thank You: Schol-R-LEA

More
5 months 1 week ago - 5 months 1 week ago #68268 by Schol-R-LEA
Schol-R-LEA replied the topic: The Micro-Scenes Discussion thread
I've mentioned her a few times in micros, but this specific one was sort of a follow up to a 'overheard at Whateley' post about how she and Sun Wukong kept showing up to give special lessons even after Bladedancer and Josie Gilman graduated... no matter how often Lady Astarte asked them to stop...

Out, damnéd Spot! Bad Doggy!
Last Edit: 5 months 1 week ago by Schol-R-LEA.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreamer, Malady

More
5 months 2 days ago #68312 by Mister D
Mister D replied the topic: The Micro-Scenes Discussion thread
Interesting reading.

http://whateleyacademy.net/index.php/forum/the-workshop/100-the-micro-scenes-thread?start=1080#68308

Note that the Sonic Blocking PK-field means that she would be immune to sonic weapons.

Good to know when deploying against opponents that use this form of attacks.

Measure Twice
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mylian

Moderators: WhateleyAdminKristin DarkenE. E. NalleyelrodwNagrijMageOhkiAstrodragonNeoMagusWarrenMorpheusWasamonsleethrOtherEricBek D CorbinMaLAguASouffle GirlPhoenix SpiritusStarwolfDanZillaKatie_LynMaggie FinsonDrBenderJGBladedancerRenae_Whateley
Time to create page: 0.161 seconds