× Similar to the main general chat... but let's keep this limited to topics directly relating to writing and Independent Fiction.

Posting rules: Any registered member can create or post to a thread.

Lost/Offsite Fanfiction

More
3 years 11 months ago - 2 years 4 months ago #5227 by Malady
Malady replied the topic: Lost/Offsite Fanfiction
Old Post [ Click to expand ]

Archivery:

CrystalHall Fora: Old , Middle , PDFs

InternetArchive without pdfs or pics:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_ZzOVhZ7xFmeFhKcXJ1Q1Y0QTA

Art from the old site, icons, and other pictures:
http://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_ZzOVhZ7xFmVnJFWTlqaTVra2M

Rubberjohn Fanfic Archive:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_ZzOVhZ7xFmVFJTVDFVS1V3Umc

Mittfh Word Count Spread Sheet
Last Edit: 2 years 4 months ago by Malady.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 11 months ago #5348 by rubberjohn
rubberjohn replied the topic: Lost/Offsite Fanfiction
Thanks for the Archive site link Malady. I might just use that to double check my own archive. As I've been going through the files with a view to condensing all my files into a single archive I've begun to think that some of my files are not as complete as I thought they were.

My real headache is combining three or four sets of Micro-Scenes collections where the pages overlap due to the various crashes that the Crystal Hall site suffered before being abandoned. If I can get it all straight I'll post a spreadsheet of all the stories in my archive, as I did at the old site, for anyone who wants copies as it is too much to expect Kristen or Warren to go to the trouble of trying to recreate the Fan-Fiction section from the old site. They have quite enough to do just recovering the Canon stories.

John.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Malady

More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #5349 by Malady

rubberjohn wrote: My real headache is combining three or four sets of Micro-Scenes collections where the pages overlap due to the various crashes that the Crystal Hall site suffered before being abandoned. If I can get it all straight I'll post a spreadsheet of all the stories in my archive, as I did at the old site, for anyone who wants copies as it is too much to expect Kristen or Warren to go to the trouble of trying to recreate the Fan-Fiction section from the old site. They have quite enough to do just recovering the Canon stories.

John.

You mean Pre-2010 Crash Micro Scenes, right? 'Cause I put my archive of Post-2010 Crash Micro Scenes here somewhere...

Well, I put a link to my dump of Old Forum here: whateleyacademy.net/index.php/forum/the-...iction?start=20#1372

... Which you might have seen already... I/We really should have a Mod Sticky for one of these Fanfic Threads...

Also, I wouldn't mind messy overlapping Micro Scenes. my memory isn't so bad that I'd forget what I read and if I did, then I have reason to read it again...
Last Edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Malady.

More
3 years 11 months ago #5350 by rubberjohn
Oh the Micro-Scenes is probably going to be messy no matter how I massage everything. At the moment I have about 17 pages from 2009 up to the crash in 2011. Then I have another 4 pages or so that come between that crash and some of the minor resets that happened before the site stabilised. Then there are 20 pages that leads us up to the final forum crash earlier this year. There might even be more than that as I'm still finding files tucked away in odd corners of my hard drive.

I'm pretty sure there is a degree of overlap between the pre-2011 files and the most recent set but the problem area is the middle bit where I think I've got versions of pages where new posts had been put in before the site back-ups reverted to earlier versions. Once I've got things as clean as I can then I'll post a definitive list which will have the least amount of duplication while keeping all the stories.

All fun stuff!

John.

More
3 years 11 months ago #6624 by rubberjohn
Fan-Fiction Archive is now available on request.

I have finally got my Fan-Fic archive sorted out and listed on a spreadsheet. The stories covered range from August 2008 through to October 2015 when the Crystal Hall site died. While most of the stories are complete there are one or two that are missing pages that I have been unable to recover. All the files are stored in .mht format which should open in most internet browsers.

If you would like copies please send me a PM and I'll send you a copy of the excel spreadsheet to browse through. Unfortunately the file seems to be too large to attach here.

John.

More
3 years 11 months ago #6627 by Malady

rubberjohn wrote: Fan-Fiction Archive is now available on request.

I have finally got my Fan-Fic archive sorted out and listed on a spreadsheet. The stories covered range from August 2008 through to October 2015 when the Crystal Hall site died. While most of the stories are complete there are one or two that are missing pages that I have been unable to recover. All the files are stored in .mht format which should open in most internet browsers.

If you would like copies please send me a PM and I'll send you a copy of the excel spreadsheet to browse through. Unfortunately the file seems to be too large to attach here.

John.

I'd like copies!

I'll send you my email, if you don't have it, tomorrow. As I'm on mobile...

How about asking for this thread to be stickied? If it isn't already...

Post the names of the stories with missing pages, so that we, other forumites, might help?

More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #6696 by Malady

rubberjohn wrote: Fan-Fiction Archive is now available on request.

John.

Well, the file has a few typos, like an incorrect spelling of Absinthe, yours are missing their 'e'.

Insane Hiker's on here too, so you could ask him about Faolan 4...: whateleyacademy.net/index.php/forum/proj...409-faolon-discusion

Or just try the DeviantART Version (Part 10 Linked): insanehiker.deviantart.com/#/art/Faolan-...rt-10-297606567?hf=1

The Corbin Orphanage is somewhere in my Archive... or I remember seeing it there at least... Can't find it to make a RAR at the moment...

Attached.
Attachments:
Last Edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Malady.

More
3 years 11 months ago #6711 by DanZilla
DanZilla replied the topic: Lost/Offsite Fanfiction
A lot of A-Eadie's stories are available on DeviantArt at a-eadie.deviantart.com

Here are links to the first in each story... a few are just one part but some have up to 31 sections. they are all complete (or as complete as were ever posted).

They include the Caroline White stories
Loss, Change and a New Beginning
Adventures in Home Life
Guarding the Princess

Part 2 to be posted next... won't allow this many links

More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #6712 by DanZilla
A-Eadie's stories Part 2

A lot of A-Eadie's stories are available on DeviantArt at a-eadie.deviantart.com

Here are links to the first in each story... a few are just one part but some have up to 31 sections. they are all complete (or as complete as were ever posted).

Caroline White stories (continued)
White Summer
Diamond Does Not Bend
The Joy of Plans

Abigail Lanhom's stories
The Days are Dragon On
Dragon around at School

Part 3 to be posted next...
Last Edit: 3 years 11 months ago by DanZilla.

More
3 years 11 months ago #6713 by DanZilla
A-Eadie's stories Part 3

Other Whateley Student origins
End of the Season
That Which Does Not Kill Me
Ancestral Burdens

Rose Lynn's Story
Every Rose Has Thorns

Part 4 to be posted next...

Moderators: WhateleyAdminKristin DarkenE. E. NalleyelrodwNagrijMageOhkiAstrodragonNeoMagusWarrenMorpheusWasamonsleethrOtherEricBek D CorbinMaLAguASouffle GirlPhoenix SpiritusStarwolfDanZillaKatie_LynMaggie FinsonDrBenderJGBladedancerRenae_Whateley
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds