× Similar to the main general chat... but let's keep this limited to topics directly relating to writing and Independent Fiction.

Posting rules: Any registered member can create or post to a thread.

Reality burped

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #69565 by Cryptic
Cryptic created the topic: Reality burped
Trying to figure out what happened to reality when a warper panics as she's being drowned. Besides triggering a burn out in her.

I am a caffeine heathen; I prefer the waters of the mountain over the juice of the bean. Keep the Dews coming and no one will be hurt.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mister D

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 3 days ago - 3 weeks 3 days ago #69569 by Kettlekorn
Kettlekorn replied the topic: Reality burped
My first thought is that the body of water becomes a ball pit, and the attacker's clothes become snakes.

My second thought is that a portal is ripped open from just below her position to a point forty feet above, dumping her and a small waterfall out on top of her attacker. The portal optionally remains open for quite some time, though I imagine it would eventually deteriorate without maintenance.

My third thought is that panic makes things worse, so instead of useful stuff like above, the water becomes lava. At least she takes the asshole drowning her out with her... Or if she needs to survive for other stuff in the story, she only turns it into room-temperature lava and the attacker is unharmed but freaks out long enough for her to escape.

Fourth thought: floating bubble bullshit. She and the attacker are enclosed by different nacho-scented air-bubbles that lift off and float away, along with many other empty ones (some with fish, if this is a natural body of water instead of a pool or bathtub). They can be steered slightly by staring in the desired direction. In the instant that a bubble pops, the skin of it transforms from water into blood.

I am the kernel that pops in the night. I am the pain that keeps your dentist employed.
Last Edit: 3 weeks 3 days ago by Kettlekorn.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mister D

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #69614 by Cryptic
Cryptic replied the topic: Reality burped
I may edit later but for now I went with VW size psychedelic colored bubble hobgoblins, as I reread Sunshine and Fury, and thought Wiz was easier to burn out then a warper.

I am a caffeine heathen; I prefer the waters of the mountain over the juice of the bean. Keep the Dews coming and no one will be hurt.

More
2 weeks 1 day ago #69616 by Mylian
Mylian replied the topic: Reality burped
Good idea. As mentioned recently in another topic, there isn't really such a thing as a generic "reality" warper, warpers alter specific aspects of physics or spacetime. So a drowning warper might teleport, or change their mass/density to become more buoyant, or alter probability so a forgotten foam flotation device just happens to be blown their way by a freak gust of wind. If you want really wacky stuff like material transmutation or those hobgoblins, magic is the way to go.

More
2 weeks 23 hours ago #69620 by NJM1564
NJM1564 replied the topic: Reality burped
Turned the body of water into a cross between tapioca pudding and jello. That starts flailing bout declaring it's elf the spaghetti god.
Have you bin touched by it's noodley goodness?

Moderators: WhateleyAdminKristin DarkenE. E. NalleyelrodwNagrijMageOhkiAstrodragonNeoMagusWarrenMorpheusWasamonsleethrOtherEricBek D CorbinMaLAguASouffle GirlPhoenix SpiritusStarwolfDanZillaKatie_LynMaggie FinsonDrBenderJGBladedancerRenae_Whateley
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds