× Similar to the main general chat... but let's keep this limited to topics directly relating to writing and Independent Fiction.

Posting rules: Any registered member can create or post to a thread.

The Bad Ideas thread

More
1 year 2 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #64467 by Sir Lee
Sir Lee replied the topic: The Bad Ideas thread
Wait, Portal player here: is there canon evidence for Chel being Caroline's and Cave's daughter (other than they all having the same initial) or is that fanon?

Don't call me "Shirley." You will surely make me surly.
Last Edit: 1 year 2 months ago by Sir Lee.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 2 months ago #64469 by mhalpern
mhalpern replied the topic: The Bad Ideas thread

Sir Lee wrote: Wait, Portal player here: is there canon evidence for Chel being Caroline's and Cave's daughter (other than they all having the same initial) or is that fanon?

I believe it is heavily implied at this point between a combination of Ratman's story and the bring your daughter to work day science fair display, where Chel's potato experiment was clearly the best funded....

Any Bad Ideas I have and microscene OC character stories are freely adoptable.

More
1 year 2 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #64472 by Malady
Malady replied the topic: The Bad Ideas thread

mhalpern wrote:

Sir Lee wrote: Wait, Portal player here: is there canon evidence for Chel being Caroline's and Cave's daughter (other than they all having the same initial) or is that fanon?

I believe it is heavily implied at this point between a combination of Ratman's story and the bring your daughter to work day science fair display, where Chel's potato experiment was clearly the best funded....

You mean how her surname's been redacted?

i1.theportalwiki.net/img/6/6f/Lab_Rat_-_...h_Chell%27s_File.png

Chell's potato was indeed OP Tenacious.

Bring Your Daughter to Work Day = Chell is Daughter of Aperture Employees.
Last Edit: 1 year 2 months ago by Malady.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mhalpern

More
1 year 2 months ago #64500 by NJM1564
NJM1564 replied the topic: The Bad Ideas thread
There is no real proof. Maybe if Chel was the first to be defrosted and put to the tests that might make sense but she was far from the first she was just the first to survive. And do you really think that the daughter of billionaires would have that kind of survival skills?

More
1 year 2 months ago #64504 by Sir Lee
Sir Lee replied the topic: The Bad Ideas thread
So, it's fanon.

Don't call me "Shirley." You will surely make me surly.

More
1 year 2 months ago #64507 by mhalpern
mhalpern replied the topic: The Bad Ideas thread

NJM1564 wrote: There is no real proof. Maybe if Chel was the first to be defrosted and put to the tests that might make sense but she was far from the first she was just the first to survive. And do you really think that the daughter of billionaires would have that kind of survival skills?

She (and Ratman who was carrying her) were the only survivers of Take your daughter to work day. Why would Glados let them out of the room?

Any Bad Ideas I have and microscene OC character stories are freely adoptable.

More
1 year 2 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #64543 by NJM1564
NJM1564 replied the topic: The Bad Ideas thread

mhalpern wrote:

NJM1564 wrote: There is no real proof. Maybe if Chel was the first to be defrosted and put to the tests that might make sense but she was far from the first she was just the first to survive. And do you really think that the daughter of billionaires would have that kind of survival skills?

She (and Ratman who was carrying her) were the only survivers of Take your daughter to work day. Why would Glados let them out of the room?

Only survivors of the "accident". :S
There have bin many test subjects. "Portal 2: Lab Rat" Shows as much. A list showing over 1500 cryogenicly preserved individuals.
half-life.fandom.com/wiki/Portal_2:_Lab_Rat
half-life.fandom.com/wiki/Test_Subject
vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/half-life/im...01339&path-prefix=en
Also seen in the outro video of Portal 2’s co-op mode.
Last Edit: 1 year 2 months ago by NJM1564.

More
1 year 2 months ago #64548 by Cryptic
Cryptic replied the topic: The Bad Ideas thread
Being a Mystic track student with a bend toward Magitek and screwing with the workshopers.

I am a caffeine heathen; I prefer the waters of the mountain over the juice of the bean. Keep the Dews coming and no one will be hurt.

More
1 year 2 months ago #64549 by null0trooper
null0trooper replied the topic: The Bad Ideas thread

Cryptic wrote: Being a Mystic track student with a bend toward Magitek and screwing with the workshopers.

Nephandus?

Oh wait, you said "screwing with"...

Forum-posted ideas are freely adoptable.

WhatIF Stories: Dream A Little Dream For Me

Discussion Thread
The following user(s) said Thank You: Malady, Katssun

More
1 year 2 months ago #64608 by null0trooper
null0trooper replied the topic: The Bad Ideas thread
Allowing readers to vote on what the Angst-o-Meter reading for each story should be.

Forum-posted ideas are freely adoptable.

WhatIF Stories: Dream A Little Dream For Me

Discussion Thread

Moderators: WhateleyAdminKristin DarkenE. E. NalleyelrodwNagrijMageOhkiAstrodragonNeoMagusWarrenMorpheusWasamonsleethrOtherEricBek D CorbinMaLAguASouffle GirlPhoenix SpiritusStarwolfDanZillaKatie_LynMaggie FinsonDrBenderJGBladedancerRenae_Whateley
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds