× Similar to the main general chat... but let's keep this limited to topics directly relating to writing and Independent Fiction.

Posting rules: Any registered member can create or post to a thread.

The Bad Ideas thread

More
1 year 3 weeks ago #64892 by Cryptic
Cryptic replied the topic: The Bad Ideas thread

Astrodragon wrote:

Mister D wrote:

Cryptic wrote: Mobius starts making Travel Mugs.

Filled with a never-ending supply of Devisor Coffee... :D

Civilised idea. :D

This suggestion has the dragon claw-print of approval. :D

Which is more profitable: supplying caf-fiends with bottomless mugs or Supers with utility belts I wonder.

I am a caffeine heathen; I prefer the waters of the mountain over the juice of the bean. Keep the Dews coming and no one will be hurt.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Schol-R-LEA
  • Away
  • Servitor
  • Servitor
More
1 year 3 weeks ago - 1 year 3 weeks ago #64894 by Schol-R-LEA
Schol-R-LEA replied the topic: The Bad Ideas thread
Bad (but potentially profitable) idea: pitching a WA series idea for a comedy harem anime centered on Thunderbird and his hangers-on, with Chaka only being introduced at the beginning of the third season.

I'm actually embarrassed to suggest this. Especially since it would be child's play to make it actually happen, were the Canon Cabal shameless enough to try. I'm pretty sure the first two seasons could be generated by an automated script-writing program fed with existing harem series scripts. The hardest part would be making Scott come off as enough of an oblivious boy-scout without it wrecking suspension of disbelief.

(Conversely, the CC could retain some shred of dignity and self-respect by talking Shannen McMickens into writing the script; I'm guessing the "High Priestess of the Harem-nomicon" - yes, she calls herself that - would jump at the chance to write one herself, and she might even do it on spec.)

Out, damnéd Spot! Bad Doggy!
Last Edit: 1 year 3 weeks ago by Schol-R-LEA.

• Astrodragon
  • Away
  • Author
  • Author
More
1 year 3 weeks ago #64895 by Astrodragon
Astrodragon replied the topic: The Bad Ideas thread

Cryptic wrote:

Astrodragon wrote:

Mister D wrote:

Which is more profitable: supplying caf-fiends with bottomless mugs or Supers with utility belts I wonder.

While you could charge more for a utility belt, the number of coffeeholics compared to the number of superheroes suggests the caffeine route would be way more profitable

I love watching their innocent little faces smiling happily as they trip gaily down the garden path, before finding the pit with the rusty spikes.

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #64953 by NJM1564
NJM1564 replied the topic: The Bad Ideas thread
Razer back as a trained raper in a talent show. Hardiest part. Training the humans.

• Astrodragon
  • Away
  • Author
  • Author
More
1 year 2 weeks ago #64956 by Astrodragon
Astrodragon replied the topic: The Bad Ideas thread

NJM1564 wrote: Razer back as a trained raper in a talent show. Hardiest part. Training the humans.

Err, I think you mean Raptor.
At least, I hope you mean Raptor...

I love watching their innocent little faces smiling happily as they trip gaily down the garden path, before finding the pit with the rusty spikes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Malady

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #64959 by mhalpern
mhalpern replied the topic: The Bad Ideas thread

Astrodragon wrote:

Cryptic wrote:

Astrodragon wrote:

Mister D wrote:

While you could charge more for a utility belt, the number of coffeeholics compared to the number of superheroes suggests the caffeine route would be way more profitable

Of course that depends on how much he can scale the production, as devises they don't lend themselves to mass production, unless Mobius makes a devise to produce them, and the question there is how far removed from the process can he be for it to still work. If he has to work on each one directly at some point or another, doing more specialized custom work would be more profitable

Any Bad Ideas I have and microscene OC character stories are freely adoptable.

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #64965 by Cryptic
Bring logic into things....

I am a caffeine heathen; I prefer the waters of the mountain over the juice of the bean. Keep the Dews coming and no one will be hurt.

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #64972 by mhalpern

Cryptic wrote: Bring logic into things....

Of course when Imp finds out about the Mobius belts, I can see her buying one for Chickenhawk and loading it with various gags, such as an umbrella, a hankerchief chain, and so on, Brandy gets ACME stylized items,

The following user(s) said Thank You: Mister D

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #64988 by mhalpern
Chambers house gift list
From Imp:
Mobius belt for Ryan,
ACME stylized firecrackers for Brandy (if it's the thought that counts...)
painting of Shenanigans up to shenanigans for Melissa
From Ryan:
two Stirling bracelets for Imp--- there's a pun there....

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #65012 by Cryptic
A Nikki who isn't a changeling and ends up in Melville.
A Sidhe who's abducted, maybe probed, by survivors of the Court of Fire, that look a lot like imp.

Moderators: WhateleyAdminKristin DarkenE. E. NalleyelrodwNagrijMageOhkiAstrodragonNeoMagusWarrenMorpheusWasamonsleethrOtherEricBek D CorbinMaLAguASouffle GirlPhoenix SpiritusStarwolfDanZillaKatie_LynMaggie FinsonDrBenderJGBladedancerRenae_Whateley
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds