× Similar to the main general chat... but let's keep this limited to topics directly relating to writing and Independent Fiction.

Posting rules: Any registered member can create or post to a thread.

The Bad Ideas thread

More
1 month 2 days ago #66714 by Rose Bunny
Rose Bunny replied the topic: The Bad Ideas thread

Cryptic wrote: A Sidhe (or other 5FC race) as your child's God parent.

I dunno about that. Nikki might be too over the top, but Gwen would be an awesome Godmom.

High-Priestess of the Order of Spirit-Chan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 day ago #66721 by Court
Court replied the topic: The Bad Ideas thread
The Burnout Tales.

An effort to properly display the statistics of burnout. A character is introduced and developed. The character then manifests, goes into burnout, and dies. Repeat several times.

More
4 weeks 1 day ago #66778 by Angeldude
Angeldude replied the topic: The Bad Ideas thread
I've been engorging on way too much Madoka recently (Magia Record in English is partly to blame, as well as Her recent birthday celebration) so naturally I've been imagining crossovers with nearly every other series I know, including Whateley.

Jade would absolutely love it and yet she probably wouldn't even be eligible because she already sold her soul. At the same time, she's about as unkillable as a meguca already, and through surprisingly similar mechanisms.

Going the other way, Madoka (especially post-ascension) would fit right in. That said, she'd probably be as terrifying as Fey and Tennyo combined. (High level wizard and empath like Fey, and cosmic annihilator to rival Tennyo.) Honestly half the fun would be everyone's reactions to yet another goddess on their hands. There are probably a few people on campus who could use help to justify her presence.

Insanity: for when normal just isn't interesting enough.
All ideas free to use. You can probably make better use of them than me.

• Schol-R-LEA
  • Away
  • Servitor
  • Servitor
More
4 weeks 22 hours ago - 4 weeks 22 hours ago #66782 by Schol-R-LEA
Schol-R-LEA replied the topic: The Bad Ideas thread
I actually wrote a micro in which Screech and Maladicta summoned Kyuubey (in the Discussion thread , I explain that it was probably an Infernal demon which had only taken the form of Kyuubey), only to have Eldritch stop them before they could sign anything.

Out, damnéd Spot! Bad Doggy!
Last Edit: 4 weeks 22 hours ago by Schol-R-LEA.

More
2 weeks 6 days ago #66842 by Sir Lee
Sir Lee replied the topic: The Bad Ideas thread
I think I have come up, during my lunch, with an idea for a physics theory that is ridiculous and wonky (not to mention that it relies in both agreeing and rejecting Einsteinian relativity at once, and requires creative misunderstanding of most modern Physics) enough to be worthy of a devisor. Possibly usable by Buck Swift, Boy of Wednesday Afternoon, weather permitting. I'm offering it free and gratis for anyone to use in fiction, as long as they call it "Lee's quantum aether hypothesis".

It goes like this:
- Physicists are looking for "dark matter" everywhere but having a hard time finding it.
- Michelson and Morley disproved the existence of the luminiferous aether back int the XIX century. They did that by trying to detect the relative motion between their test rig and the aether -- only they failed every time, suggesting that the aether did not exist, In order to allow for the possibility that the "aether wind" might by coincidence be blowing in the exact same direction and speed as their test rig, they turned the workbench, repeated the experiment at various times during the day, various times during the year etc.
- What if... Michelson and Morley were wrong? What if the aether exists, but it's just hiding? That might account for the missing "dark matter."
- What I mean by "hiding" is that it exists in a state of quantum superposition of all possible states of motion, like Schroedinger's cat, but when you send a light photon through it, it collapses locally into the state that is static relative to the local frame of reference. After the photon passes, it goes back to the quantum superposition state.

Don't call me "Shirley." You will surely make me surly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mister D

More
2 weeks 6 days ago #66843 by Bek D Corbin
Bek D Corbin replied the topic: The Bad Ideas thread
So, Dark Matter is like the last pickle in the jar; the harder you try to get a grip on it, the more elusive it becomes, its elusiveness fueled by our frantic search?

• null0trooper
  • Away
  • Old One
  • Old One
More
2 weeks 6 days ago #66844 by null0trooper
null0trooper replied the topic: The Bad Ideas thread
I'm not sure that Lee's quantum aether hypothesis is inconsistent with current observations.

Forum-posted ideas are freely adoptable.

WhatIF Stories: Fall Rush

Discussion Thread

• Astrodragon
  • Away
  • Author
  • Author
More
2 weeks 6 days ago #66845 by Astrodragon
Astrodragon replied the topic: The Bad Ideas thread
The whole point about Dark Energy is that there are no observations.
Just inferences.
So far, its modern day phlogiston

I love watching their innocent little faces smiling happily as they trip gaily down the garden path, before finding the pit with the rusty spikes.

More
2 weeks 5 days ago #66846 by Anne
Anne replied the topic: The Bad Ideas thread
What would happen if after Jobe creates a few more drow, one or more of them comes to crave being pregnant!?

More
2 weeks 5 days ago #66847 by Sir Lee
Sir Lee replied the topic: The Bad Ideas thread
That's an odd question. Do you mean that she yearns a child and so wants to get pregnant once, or does she wants to be pregnant all the time?

For the first case, all that would be required would be a genetically-compatible sperm donor. I assume that Jobe wanted his "perfect wife" to be able to carry his offspring, so the Drow are likely to be able to interbreed with humans with no problems. However, there's the small matter of that "fidelity-ensuring feature" Jobe built in the Drow design, which would likely make that Drow sexually addicted to the sperm donor. Which could be a problem.

For the second case... well, I don't think Jobe would introduce anything to the Drow genome to make such an obsession any more likely. So it is really a matter of this particular Drow having this sort of fetishistic thing for pregnancy.

Don't call me "Shirley." You will surely make me surly.

Moderators: WhateleyAdminKristin DarkenE. E. NalleyelrodwNagrijMageOhkiAstrodragonNeoMagusWarrenMorpheusWasamonsleethrOtherEricBek D CorbinMaLAguASouffle GirlPhoenix SpiritusStarwolfDanZillaKatie_LynMaggie FinsonDrBenderJGBladedancerRenae_Whateley
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds