× Similar to the main general chat... but let's keep this limited to topics directly relating to writing and Independent Fiction.

Posting rules: Any registered member can create or post to a thread.

The Bad Ideas thread

More
5 months 2 weeks ago #68188 by null0trooper
null0trooper replied the topic: The Bad Ideas thread

ShinyRock wrote: So probably thick brown blood that smells like drain cleaner.and acetic acid. Would you say it would be like the color of burnt chocolate, or more like dissolved rust?
In either case the chemical components, high salinity of the blood, and acidity would result in the copper bonding with H2O probably.

Carbonate and chloride are the major anions measured in some blood analyses, so I'd lean toward chocolate. That doesn't mean that the skin will be the same color when the light bounces off capillaries, so...

ShinyRock wrote: I kinda like the idea of burnt-orange blood, as it's wonderfully alien, and for the character I have in mind will likely trigger a panic attack since wanting to fit in with her family was such a driving factor. This is going to be !!FUN!!

When in doubt, the Rule of Cool applies.

Forum-posted ideas are freely adoptable.

WhatIF Stories: Dream A Little Dream For Me

Discussion Thread

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 months 1 week ago #68256 by Cryptic
Cryptic replied the topic: The Bad Ideas thread
I was binging on the Hobbit and LotR movies this week and the "That's not an Elf Maid" scene has me wanting to toss in a Sidhe who is physically like Phase and Peacock, not sure about mentally at the moment. Not sure how or why yet either.

I am a caffeine heathen; I prefer the waters of the mountain over the juice of the bean. Keep the Dews coming and no one will be hurt.

More
5 months 1 week ago - 5 months 1 week ago #68259 by Rose Bunny
Rose Bunny replied the topic: The Bad Ideas thread
I wrote a micro-scene recently about how much Tolkein might have known about the Sundering. As for a female looking Sidhe with male genitals... a lot of the movie elves were so feminine looking that you might not know, either way.

High-Priestess of the Order of Spirit-Chan

Last Edit: 5 months 1 week ago by Rose Bunny.

More
5 months 1 week ago #68260 by null0trooper
null0trooper replied the topic: The Bad Ideas thread

Rose Bunny wrote: a lot of the movie elves were so feminine looking that you might not know, either way.

And then came Vaarsuvius!

Forum-posted ideas are freely adoptable.

WhatIF Stories: Dream A Little Dream For Me

Discussion Thread

More
5 months 1 week ago #68276 by Cryptic

Rose Bunny wrote: I wrote a micro-scene recently about how much Tolkein might have known about the Sundering. As for a female looking Sidhe with male genitals... a lot of the movie elves were so feminine looking that you might not know, either way.

That micro is part of the reason I'm on th binge.

Oh... alien virus maybe...

I am a caffeine heathen; I prefer the waters of the mountain over the juice of the bean. Keep the Dews coming and no one will be hurt.

More
5 months 4 days ago - 5 months 4 days ago #68296 by Schol-R-LEA
Schol-R-LEA replied the topic: The Bad Ideas thread
This conversation brings two things to mind.

First, the various similar debates about whether female dwarfs have beards (or exist at all), and how a non-dwarf would tell them apart (Pterry implied that Dwarf courtship on the Disc mostly consisted of getting to know the other one well enough that they reveal their sex to you...).

Second, the 'Cottonwine Field Notes' entry in Jay Naylor's "The Fall of Little Red Riding Hood" (very NSFW - but if you know who Naylor is, you could have guessed that already), in which the feminizing aspects of 'cottonwine' are discussed; one of the pictures is of a feminized male elf.

Out, damnéd Spot! Bad Doggy!
Last Edit: 5 months 4 days ago by Schol-R-LEA.

More
5 months 4 days ago #68301 by Cryptic
Maybe I'll just throw in a reincarnated (mislabeled?) dwarf, I an rethinking room assignments as I'm not really seeing a reason anymore for throwing one into Poe. Or have some Devisor or Mage brew some of that wine somehow.

More
5 months 3 days ago - 2 months 2 weeks ago #68304 by Schol-R-LEA
Schol-R-LEA replied the topic: The Bad Ideas thread
If this is taking place around 2007, make sure that Elle Ruud and Durnir's host - whoever he happens to be, since the epilogue of "Dawn of the Aurora" never gave our young Swede's name - gets tangled up in their life in some way, even if it isn't deliberate.

Out, damnéd Spot! Bad Doggy!
Last Edit: 2 months 2 weeks ago by Schol-R-LEA.

More
5 months 17 hours ago #68323 by Cryptic
Mot so much a bad idea but one don't have a place for at the moment, and needs some more refinement.

Bookmark
Manifester with conditional abilities: he can only create something he's seen in a book. The more complex an item is the less time it stays manifested. Ironma's suit, maybe 5 minutes, Gimlie's ax, a week. Magical effects don't come with the item: Elf stones would just be pretty rocks.

More
5 months 17 hours ago #68324 by Sir Lee
Sir Lee replied the topic: The Bad Ideas thread
What about devisor effects? I mean, Iron Man's suit would almost certainly be a devise -- at the very least due to the power source and repulsor beams. Does it come with all devisor impossible-science add-ons or does he get just a very well-made suit of armor with some decorations that don't work?

Don't call me "Shirley." You will surely make me surly.

Moderators: WhateleyAdminKristin DarkenE. E. NalleyelrodwNagrijMageOhkiAstrodragonNeoMagusWarrenMorpheusWasamonsleethrOtherEricBek D CorbinMaLAguASouffle GirlPhoenix SpiritusStarwolfDanZillaKatie_LynMaggie FinsonDrBenderJGBladedancerRenae_Whateley
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds