× Similar to the main general chat... but let's keep this limited to topics directly relating to writing and Independent Fiction.

Posting rules: Any registered member can create or post to a thread.

The Bad Ideas thread

• Schol-R-LEA
  • Away
  • Servitor
  • Servitor
More
6 months 5 days ago #68325 by Schol-R-LEA
Schol-R-LEA replied the topic: The Bad Ideas thread
I don't see any discussion of Elf Stones going any more maturely than the last time you brought up that topic , Cryptic.

Out, damnéd Spot! Bad Doggy!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mister D

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 months 5 days ago #68327 by null0trooper
null0trooper replied the topic: The Bad Ideas thread

Schol-R-LEA wrote: I don't see any discussion of Elf Stones going any more maturely than the last time you brought up that topic , Cryptic.

Unless elves can catch COVID-19, their stones should be fine.

Forum-posted ideas are freely adoptable.

WhatIF Stories: Dream A Little Dream For Me

Discussion Thread

More
6 months 4 days ago #68348 by Cryptic
Cryptic replied the topic: The Bad Ideas thread
Thought of that after I posted, Sir Lee. Thus the needs refinement comment
Thinking "he get just a very well-made suit of armor with some decorations that don't work"

As for Sidhe and Covid I'd think they're just different enough to either be immune or it ends up a 1% survival rate.

~~

Another idea that came to me;

Bio-gadgeteer creates a daughter for themselves, maybe deliberately, maybe by accident, but she's something a hybrid of a gorilla and something off the Homo evolutionary tree or human. Not sure where to go from there, or even if it should go anywhere.
Idea spawned from the Sigma Force book Bone Labyrinth.

I am a caffeine heathen; I prefer the waters of the mountain over the juice of the bean. Keep the Dews coming and no one will be hurt.

• Schol-R-LEA
  • Away
  • Servitor
  • Servitor
More
6 months 3 days ago - 6 months 3 days ago #68360 by Schol-R-LEA
Maybe have a hobbit-like boy with a bad attitude show up in Gen 2, followed by someone having the 'brilliant idea' to introduce him to Kareela? Given Essemelle's power, and whatever the boy in question can do, said wannabee matchmaker is likely to be in a world of hurt shortly afterwards.

Though to be honest, the main reason I am bringing this idea up is because the boy in question would be complaining that they wouldn't let him use the codenames 'Sod Trenchfoot' or 'Dildo Bugger'. Fortunately his family have money, so he's now planning to negotiate for the rights to another suitable name owned by one R. Burlew....

(Though 'Markoff Chaney' is also on his purchasing list if that one doesn't pan out.)

Last Edit: 6 months 3 days ago by Schol-R-LEA.

More
6 months 17 hours ago #68405 by Cryptic
Not a bad idea really, just frustrating from a writer's stand point:

Rewriting the character's family tree cause you realized that you tried to cram to much into it and the family tree alone set off the Mary Sue warning bells. And then being hit with the writer's block.

I am a caffeine heathen; I prefer the waters of the mountain over the juice of the bean. Keep the Dews coming and no one will be hurt.

More
5 months 4 weeks ago #68421 by Cryptic
Animan mutant + Chimeric Trait Acquisition + human DNA

More
5 months 1 week ago #68559 by Cryptic
Good idea: When doing a 'Reminds them of such and such actress' make sure your character is not named after a character that the actress played.

More
5 months 1 week ago #68562 by null0trooper
null0trooper replied the topic: The Bad Ideas thread

Cryptic wrote: Good idea: When doing a 'Reminds them of such and such actress' make sure your character is not named after a character that the actress played.

Forum-posted ideas are freely adoptable.

WhatIF Stories: Dream A Little Dream For Me

Discussion Thread

More
5 months 6 days ago - 5 months 6 days ago #68636 by NJM1564
NJM1564 replied the topic: The Bad Ideas thread
Elf stones? That any relation to the "The Balls of the Elves" manga?
Edit: I'd post a link to the manga but it's kinda Ecchi. Oh what the hell. mangakakalot.com/read-hl7yt158504917104
Last Edit: 5 months 6 days ago by NJM1564.

• Schol-R-LEA
  • Away
  • Servitor
  • Servitor
More
4 months 4 weeks ago #68668 by Schol-R-LEA

NJM1564 wrote: Elf stones? That any relation to the "The Balls of the Elves" manga?

Moderators: WhateleyAdminKristin DarkenE. E. NalleyelrodwNagrijMageOhkiAstrodragonNeoMagusWarrenMorpheusWasamonsleethrOtherEricBek D CorbinMaLAguASouffle GirlPhoenix SpiritusStarwolfDanZillaKatie_LynMaggie FinsonDrBenderJGBladedancerRenae_Whateley
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds