× Similar to the main general chat... but let's keep this limited to topics directly relating to writing and Independent Fiction.

Posting rules: Any registered member can create or post to a thread.

The Bad Ideas thread

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #68671 by Cryptic
Cryptic replied the topic: The Bad Ideas thread

NJM1564 wrote: Elf stones? That any relation to the "The Balls of the Elves" manga?
Edit: I'd post a link to the manga but it's kinda Ecchi. Oh what the hell. mangakakalot.com/read-hl7yt158504917104

No. Wiki that explains them.

I am a caffeine heathen; I prefer the waters of the mountain over the juice of the bean. Keep the Dews coming and no one will be hurt.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Schol-R-LEA
  • Away
  • Servitor
  • Servitor
More
2 months 1 week ago #68707 by Schol-R-LEA
Schol-R-LEA replied the topic: The Bad Ideas thread
Bad idea: an Avatar with the Spirit of the Anomalocaris.

Out, damnéd Spot! Bad Doggy!

• Schol-R-LEA
  • Away
  • Servitor
  • Servitor
More
2 months 1 week ago - 1 month 2 days ago #68770 by Schol-R-LEA
Ugh, I hate my imagination sometimes:

What if Pucelle really is the reincarnation of Joan of Arc... and Bravo is the reincarnation of Gilles de Rais.

Eeew.

Last Edit: 1 month 2 days ago by Schol-R-LEA.

More
2 months 2 days ago #68791 by Rose Bunny
Rose Bunny replied the topic: The Bad Ideas thread
Avatar with a fertility spirit... on campus.

High-Priestess of the Order of Spirit-Chan

• Schol-R-LEA
  • Away
  • Servitor
  • Servitor
More
1 month 4 weeks ago #68822 by Schol-R-LEA
We sort of have seen that before, with one of the spirits Heyoka channeled. And arguably with Cytherea, though she's not really seen as a fertility goddess as such...

I think there has been at least one other mentioned before, but I can't recall whom.

• Schol-R-LEA
  • Away
  • Servitor
  • Servitor
More
1 month 4 weeks ago #68823 by Schol-R-LEA
An Australian super team made up entirely of Sidhe, calling themselves Fair Dinkum :rolleyes: . I suspect Koala - sorry, Spider - would hate them passionately.

More
1 month 3 days ago #69108 by ShinyRock
ShinyRock replied the topic: The Bad Ideas thread
Bad idea: We already have scary-ass mage, scary-ass avatars out the whazoo, and scary-ass devisors, so why not a scary-ass manifestor?

Personally I like the idea where her weakness is when her projections dissipate, she get's all of what they saw as photographic memory, this unfortunately causes chronic migraines.
The summons themselves? based on her minions from a Tabletop RPG, likely based on the Emerald Legion from a game I played but... less nasty.
I mean the Emerald's had the Armager class superheavy assault bot and... Well if you know what a Hellbore is, picture a more practical version involving a magnetic klein bottle, a fusion reaction, and a rail gun.
Now give it four barrels to get around the horrendous overheating issue along with ferrofluid rails. Sure the projectile lasts maybe one tenth of a second before destabilizing in a 5-30 ton detonation (depending on reactor output)
But it also has damn near zero mass since it's a Helium-4 reaction. So it's going about 40% of c, and at that speed 1/10th of a second is very relative. It would destabilize from compression on contact with a solid object resulting in a cascade failure from said location- and that takes a little time, resulting in what is effectively a fusion-powered shaped charge.
So... Emerald is a bit OP (halfway between 40k and Starcraft tech level... We got creative.) So probably need to tone it down a bit since the assault transport carries 4 of the buggers along with 12 spider-tanks, 24 transports 6 gunships, and 547 assorted infantry.
And that's just the MK I's
The less said about the MK III on the better. (if it can be mistaken for Necron tech, it's not allowed)
A bit too over-powered but a fun idea.

More
1 month 3 days ago #69109 by ShinyRock
ShinyRock replied the topic: The Bad Ideas thread
Anomolocarus could be fun... not sure how it would work though.

• null0trooper
  • Away
  • Old One
  • Old One
More
1 month 3 days ago #69116 by null0trooper
null0trooper replied the topic: The Bad Ideas thread

ShinyRock wrote: Bad idea: We already have scary-ass mage, scary-ass avatars out the whazoo, and scary-ass devisors, so why not a scary-ass manifestor?

How about a Manifestor-1 who never learned he could only make one type of stuff?

Forum-posted ideas are freely adoptable.

WhatIF Stories: Dream A Little Dream For Me

Discussion Thread

More
1 month 2 days ago #69122 by mhalpern
mhalpern replied the topic: The Bad Ideas thread

Schol-R-LEA wrote: We sort of have seen that before, with one of the spirits Heyoka channeled. And arguably with Cytherea, though she's not really seen as a fertility goddess as such...

I think there has been at least one other mentioned before, but I can't recall whom.

Well she isn't an Avatar, but there is a baby GOO centered around lust, does that count?

Any Bad Ideas I have and microscene OC character stories are freely adoptable.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Schol-R-LEA

Moderators: WhateleyAdminKristin DarkenE. E. NalleyelrodwNagrijMageOhkiAstrodragonNeoMagusWarrenMorpheusWasamonsleethrOtherEricBek D CorbinMaLAguASouffle GirlPhoenix SpiritusStarwolfDanZillaKatie_LynMaggie FinsonDrBenderJGBladedancerRenae_Whateley
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds