× Similar to the main general chat... but let's keep this limited to topics directly relating to writing and Independent Fiction.

Posting rules: Any registered member can create or post to a thread.

The Bad Ideas thread

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #69327 by mhalpern
mhalpern replied the topic: The Bad Ideas thread

Heckfire wrote:

null0trooper wrote: What does their mother look like?

Not like a 6-year-old child, that's for damn sure...the character I had in mind ended up becoming an 8-foot-tall adult "minotauress" (original version of the character was also intersexed, but I'm debating if I wanna go that route or not...that's why I'm leaving the child's original sex vague for now), which is why they were confused for their mother, since adult manifestations DO happen (see also: Eldrich, Hive, someone named Ribbon who I still need to read up on...) and the minotauress looked more like her than the child. I suppose the question of where the child went might also be up in the air, but that might be who they were expecting to find when they found the mother's actual body.

...for the record, the actual reason for the manifestation is something to be revealed in the story, so in case I write it, I'm not saying it here.

One thing to consider, is that GSD can be hereditary, look at the Scale family, Sapphire and her sisters were hatched looking a bit like Diamondback,

Any Bad Ideas I have and microscene OC character stories are freely adoptable.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #69339 by Heckfire
Heckfire replied the topic: The Bad Ideas thread
Asked here, since I don't know where else TO ask it and it would definitely count as a "bad idea": does ARC have a "Take Your Daughter To Work Day?"

Asking for a friend.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago - 1 month 2 weeks ago #69340 by Sir Lee
Sir Lee replied the topic: The Bad Ideas thread
It probably does, not everything there is top secret and the mindset is pretty liberal.

However... the idea of a research institution with a TYDTW Day brings to mind potato battery-powered AIs, wormhole-generating guns, white automated gun turrets with childish voices and combustible lemons which can burn your house down.

Don't call me "Shirley." You will surely make me surly.
Last Edit: 1 month 2 weeks ago by Sir Lee.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mister D

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #69343 by Heckfire
Heckfire replied the topic: The Bad Ideas thread

Sir Lee wrote: It probably does, not everything there is top secret and the mindset is pretty liberal.

However... the idea of a research institution with a TYDTW Day brings to mind potato battery-powered AIs, wormhole-generating guns, white automated gun turrets with childish voices and combustible lemons which can burn your house down.

Gotcha. Making a note here: "Huge success."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mister D

More
1 month 1 week ago #69370 by Cryptic
Cryptic replied the topic: The Bad Ideas thread
A poor guy who used the eggplant emoji so many times that on manifest his penis took on the characteristics of the eggplant.

I am a caffeine heathen; I prefer the waters of the mountain over the juice of the bean. Keep the Dews coming and no one will be hurt.

More
1 month 1 week ago #69371 by Rose Bunny
Rose Bunny replied the topic: The Bad Ideas thread

Cryptic wrote: A poor guy who used the eggplant emoji so many times that on manifest his penis took on the characteristics of the eggplant.

Like tasting good with Parmesan?

High-Priestess of the Order of Spirit-Chan

More
1 month 1 week ago #69403 by Mylian
Mylian replied the topic: The Bad Ideas thread
Bad character name: Elle Bodeap.

More
3 weeks 4 days ago #69563 by Cryptic
Cryptic replied the topic: The Bad Ideas thread

Rose Bunny wrote:

Cryptic wrote: A poor guy who used the eggplant emoji so many times that on manifest his penis took on the characteristics of the eggplant.

Like tasting good with Parmesan?

I so want to make a joke of this reply, but I got nothing.

~

Some characters you devise, use, and end up writing yourself into a corner with. I scrapped 6 pages because I couldn't figure out what to do with a thousand bystanders.

Code Name: MagaMan
Origin of powers: dynahost
Affiliations: 'hero'

Personality:
PIA, narcissist, my way reality is the only way reality

Back ground:
Trump wanna be who had an origin event when accident occurred while he was tanning

Appearance:
An obese Nintendo's Mario who can't fi down the pipes
takes on an orange glow when field is up

Powers:
Super strong (apox PK 4-5 level)
fire blasts (equivalent of pyrokinetic or energizer 4)

I am a caffeine heathen; I prefer the waters of the mountain over the juice of the bean. Keep the Dews coming and no one will be hurt.

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #69573 by Mister D
Mister D replied the topic: The Bad Ideas thread
An international clothing label that is part of the GK stable called "Mutie-Free". :P

Measure Twice

• Astrodragon
  • Away
  • Author
  • Author
More
3 weeks 3 days ago #69574 by Astrodragon
Astrodragon replied the topic: The Bad Ideas thread
All our clothing is ethically sourced and has at no point been touched by mutants

I love watching their innocent little faces smiling happily as they trip gaily down the garden path, before finding the pit with the rusty spikes.

Moderators: WhateleyAdminKristin DarkenE. E. NalleyelrodwNagrijMageOhkiAstrodragonNeoMagusWarrenMorpheusWasamonsleethrOtherEricBek D CorbinMaLAguASouffle GirlPhoenix SpiritusStarwolfDanZillaKatie_LynMaggie FinsonDrBenderJGBladedancerRenae_Whateley
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds