× Similar to the main general chat... but let's keep this limited to topics directly relating to writing and Independent Fiction.

Posting rules: Any registered member can create or post to a thread.

The Bad Ideas thread

More
2 months 1 week ago #69750 by Mister D
Mister D replied the topic: The Bad Ideas thread
Interesting, potential background characters as possible residents of the deeper levels of ARC, or as patients being discussed by Dr. Otto in a background scene. :)

With nothing being directly referenced, or explicitly stated, it would be possible to to get the same vibe as the film version of "The Silence of The Lambs", where they were discussing Lecter's attack on one of the nurses, but the audience only saw the actor's reactions to the autopsy photo's, and not the photo's themselves.

Would make for a more subtle introduction. :)

I slap my forehead thrice. Just realised that the Gen2 authors are doing something similar with events in the overarching timeline. :D

Measure Twice

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 months 1 week ago #69753 by Cryptic
Cryptic replied the topic: The Bad Ideas thread

Mister D wrote: Interesting, potential background characters as possible residents of the deeper levels of ARC, or as patients being discussed by Dr. Otto in a background scene. :)

With nothing being directly referenced, or explicitly stated, it would be possible to to get the same vibe as the film version of "The Silence of The Lambs", where they were discussing Lecter's attack on one of the nurses, but the audience only saw the actor's reactions to the autopsy photo's, and not the photo's themselves.

Would make for a more subtle introduction. :)

I slap my forehead thrice. Just realised that the Gen2 authors are doing something similar with events in the overarching timeline. :D

Ok, that spin I love, and know I can't pull off.

I am a caffeine heathen; I prefer the waters of the mountain over the juice of the bean. Keep the Dews coming and no one will be hurt.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #69929 by Cryptic
kid is abducted, eyes end up removed before recovered. manifests with just enough regen to make implants unfeasible due to rejection. maybe they give off a vibe or scent that annoy the heck out of animals. even devised ones.

thought of while watching an NCIS episode.

I am a caffeine heathen; I prefer the waters of the mountain over the juice of the bean. Keep the Dews coming and no one will be hurt.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #69939 by Sir Lee
Sir Lee replied the topic: The Bad Ideas thread
My, this one is blessed with suck, isn't they? Kidnapped, blinded, unable to even wear prosthetic "glass" eyes, hated by animals... why don't give them a nasty B.O. problem while you are at it?

Codename: "Suicide Watch" -- not what they are called, what they are permanently under.

Don't call me "Shirley." You will surely make me surly.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #69943 by Cryptic

Sir Lee wrote: My, this one is blessed with suck, isn't they? Kidnapped, blinded, unable to even wear prosthetic "glass" eyes, hated by animals... why don't give them a nasty B.O. problem while you are at it?

Codename: "Suicide Watch" -- not what they are called, what they are permanently under.

Glass eyes might work, I was thinking more Techno-devil or Jericho style cyber implants. And the suck would be balanced somewhat with a good power set, that I didn't think of.

I have this idea she has Jimmy Palmer's 'Even if I'm not happy, I'll act it until eventually I am' mentality.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #69946 by null0trooper
null0trooper replied the topic: The Bad Ideas thread

Cryptic wrote: maybe they give off a vibe or scent that annoy the heck out of animals. even devised ones.

Like Metro?

Forum-posted ideas are freely adoptable.

WhatIF Stories: Buy the Book

Discussion Thread

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #69952 by Valentine
Valentine replied the topic: The Bad Ideas thread
A Touch Telepath that "sees" what's missing, but abstractly. So they have trouble passing on the information.

Don't Drick and Drive.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #69991 by Cryptic
Real world untraceable ghost guns are scary enough, but think about what is out on or how they could get onto the WU streets.

More
1 month 1 week ago #70013 by Kettlekorn
Kettlekorn replied the topic: The Bad Ideas thread
"Holy shit! How'd you get that thing past the metal detectors?"

"Easy. It's a ghost gun. Untraceable."

"Okay, well then, let's shoot the guard and get out of here!"

"Won't work. Like I said, it's a ghost gun. Shoots ghost bullets. They'll just go through him."

"...Then what is even the point?"

"Shooting ghosts, obviously."

"But there are no ghosts here."

"Nope. But if we're here so long he dies of old age and becomes a ghost, I'll be ready for him."

I am the kernel that pops in the night. I am the pain that keeps your dentist employed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Court

More
1 month 1 week ago #70043 by Cryptic

Kettlekorn wrote: "Holy shit! How'd you get that thing past the metal detectors?"

"Easy. It's a ghost gun. Untraceable."

"Okay, well then, let's shoot the guard and get out of here!"

"Won't work. Like I said, it's a ghost gun. Shoots ghost bullets. They'll just go through him."

"...Then what is even the point?"

"Shooting ghosts, obviously."

"But there are no ghosts here."

"Nope. But if we're here so long he dies of old age and becomes a ghost, I'll be ready for him."

Ecto-tech finally perfected it then? Cool!

Moderators: WhateleyAdminKristin DarkenE. E. NalleyelrodwNagrijMageOhkiAstrodragonNeoMagusWarrenMorpheusWasamonsleethrOtherEricBek D CorbinMaLAguASouffle GirlPhoenix SpiritusStarwolfDanZillaKatie_LynMaggie FinsonDrBenderJGBladedancerRenae_Whateley
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds