× Welcome to the Crystal Hall forums!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and how you managed to become a fan of the Whateley Academy Universe.

We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot! Especially those of you who have been lurking for years and just hadn't gotten around to registering because the site was so messed up!

Posting rules: All registered members may create threads and post to existing ones.

Old reviewer takes a peek in.

• Polk Kitsune
  • Polk Kitsune's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert
  • Expert
More
4 years 8 months ago #4201 by Polk Kitsune
Polk Kitsune created the topic: Old reviewer takes a peek in.
My, oh my. Things have changed around here, haven't they? Take one good peek in after some time, and a whole new forum pops up.

But yeah, Polk Kitsune here. Used to d reviews of every stories of Whateley as I went. It's been a long, long time since then. Things get in the way, things change, writing slows down, and along with that, distractions come in.

But recently started reading again, enjoying again. Not sure if I'd be able to continue now, and I don't think I'd ever keep up the pace to catch up to the new stories. But it was really nice to have people read, and enjoy what I thought of the stories.

What does worry me though, is that I can't find my way back to the Fanfiction section. Was pondering if I shouldn't re-post my story, maybe with a bit of editing put in. Or should I find another place to put it in?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #4202 by Phoenix Spiritus
Phoenix Spiritus replied the topic: Old reviewer takes a peek in.
Reading the FanFiction section is open to all, but you need to PM Kristin to gain access to post stories in the FanFiction section now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Polk Kitsune

• Polk Kitsune
  • Expert
  • Expert
More
4 years 8 months ago #4203 by Polk Kitsune
Polk Kitsune replied the topic: Old reviewer takes a peek in.
Ah, thank you. I'll have to take care of that then.

And I take it the fanfictions are in the content folder, that's currently empty?

More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #4204 by Phoenix Spiritus
Phoenix Spiritus replied the topic: Old reviewer takes a peek in.
FanFiction has its own place on the forums, The Tunnels
Last Edit: 4 years 8 months ago by Phoenix Spiritus.

More
4 years 8 months ago #4208 by Kristin Darken
Kristin Darken replied the topic: Old reviewer takes a peek in.
Actually Polk, we're trying out a new program with fan fic. The forums is still the home of the 'trial and error' and 'in progress' stuff but we're now set up to have fan fiction authors with 'complete' work publish that to the main content lists much like canon work. As time rolls along, the hope is that a sort of 'council' of fan fic authors and editors and reviewers will point at specific pieces of fan fiction and say "this needs to go the published route" ... at which point that author will do some extra editing, work with an editor, or whatever they need to do to put some polish on it; and then we'll give it full published status. Pieces that still need work or aren't really complete or were just sort of experiments to play around with in the world will stay in the forums for workshopping and whathaveyou. Fan fic authors that regularly get stuff to the quality level that merits publishing are likely to be ones that we will want to kidnap for canon status anyway... so this serves as a good test process and a clearer road to what is involved in getting canon status. But even without canonizing anyone, it puts the best fan fiction where people can find it to read it. And that's a win no matter how you look at it.

Fate guard you and grant you a Light to brighten your Way.

More
4 years 8 months ago #4211 by Nagrij
Nagrij replied the topic: Old reviewer takes a peek in.
Polk! Hi! I remember you.

Don't worry about remembering me, I was a lurker in your heyday. :p

www.patreon.com/Nagrij

If you like my writing, please consider helping me out, and see the rest of the tales I spin on Patreon.

• Polk Kitsune
  • Expert
  • Expert
More
4 years 8 months ago #4215 by Polk Kitsune
Mmmnnnn. Interesting idea. Very interesting. Especially getting the chance of getting into the published work area, along with getting some extra help along with it. It'll probably be rare, but it happens.

The other question though: what is considered a 'complete work'? Hrm. Mine could say it's 'finished', but open for more... Well, I suppose you'd be the judge.

Looking forward to see those who make the bar :3

And Hi Nagrij ^^

It's fine to be a lurker sometimes, not easy to step forward sometimes.

Glad to know I'm remembered. I can only hope it's good memories. ;3

• Polk Kitsune
  • Expert
  • Expert
More
4 years 8 months ago #4216 by Polk Kitsune
Ooohhh. Tunnels. Cool. Good to know!

Sometimes, it does help to ask for directions. Especially down there. ;3

More
4 years 8 months ago #4236 by Nagrij
Nagrij replied the topic: Old reviewer takes a peek in.
Well to be fair it was mainly seeing your name everywhere on the old site, and on a review of every story.

I guess that counts as good memories, right?

www.patreon.com/Nagrij

If you like my writing, please consider helping me out, and see the rest of the tales I spin on Patreon.

• Polk Kitsune
  • Expert
  • Expert
More
4 years 8 months ago #4272 by Polk Kitsune
Heehee. I'm just glad to be rememberred. So yes, good memories. ;3

And yeah, I did start on reviewing every stories... Never imagined how monumental a task that'd become. @.@

Moderators: WhateleyAdminKristin DarkenE. E. NalleyelrodwNagrijMageOhkiAstrodragonNeoMagusWarrenMorpheusWasamonsleethrOtherEricBek D CorbinMaLAguASouffle GirlPhoenix SpiritusStarwolfDanZillaKatie_LynMaggie FinsonDrBenderJGBladedancerRenae_Whateley
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds